• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 volt feeder units

What do you use?

Likes?
    Dislikes?

Is there a directional bolt on unit available?

About to build another feeder and trying to decide which lower unit to go with

I use the spin tech. Had some running over three years with a solar panel and no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
      I use the spin tech. Had some running over three years with a solar panel and no issues.
      Same here..

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
        Same here, going on 4 yrs now

Comment

Ultramatic, believe it's been running since 2009 or 10

Comment

Ultramatic all day and a site sponsor.

Comment

I have spin tech, all seasons and Texas hunter products. All three have been good.
              I have had the all season the longest. Probably going on 15 years.

Comment

I'm running one from Elusive Wildlife, but its built with an Eliminator Plate and The Timer, been running it for 3 years and same battery. I unplug the timer from the battery after season, but leave the solar panel plugged in.

Comment

I have spin tech, all seasons and Texas hunter products. All three have been good.
                  I have had the all season the longest. Probably going on 15 years.

Comment

The lower unit as a whole IMO tend to be somewhat built of the same products (i.e. motor and box). My biggest item to look for from now on is what electronics are running the set up. If it’s not a quality timer then it’s not worth my money. I say this cause I just went through this issue.

Comment

Cox Deer Feeders
                      Bought my first one 32 years ago. Barrel rusted out 5 years ago and bought second one.

Comment

The timer should be your main concern. Without a dependable timer, any feeder other than free choice is junk. I have been using The-Timer for many,many years without issue. They are very dependable IMO.

Comment

Funny thing I was going to say stay away from spin tech. I installed one this year for the first time and after a month in use the spinner hung down in the open position and dumped 1000 pounds of corn on the ground. I thought maybe it needed lubricating so I oiled it up and ran it again and each time it wouldn't close back up and would open more and more with each spin. Maybe I got a bad but I won't have another one for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                            Funny thing I was going to say stay away from spin tech. I installed one this year for the first time and after a month in use the spinner hung down in the open position and dumped 1000 pounds of corn on the ground. I thought maybe it needed lubricating so I oiled it up and ran it again and each time it wouldn't close back up and would open more and more with each spin. Maybe I got a bad but I won't have another one for sure.
                            Sounds like your spinner plate was adjusted with too large of a gap from the funnel. It shouldnt dump corn out in the event it gets stuck open.

Comment

I would go w/ the Ultramatic 12V w/ The Timer and Solar Panel.

Comment

Working...
                              X