No announcement yet.

Beginner takedown recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a sage. I love mine. Been shooting trade for about 25 years and owned many bows. I can afford to shoot any bow I want. Honestly I see no reason to replace my sage. I have 35 and 50 lb limbs for mine. Start light and work your way up!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two Sages. They are boxy looking but that can be fixed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        The next thing you need to work out... and this is the most important... is finding somebody in your area who shoots traditional to teach you up a little. Just one hour spent with somebody who has been shooting trad for more than a couple years will help you tremendously.
        I have a Sage but need the help you speak of. I am willing to travel, any suggestions? I know now is probably a bad time with Texas deer season coming in but I really would like to ditch the cams and cables ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoTexan View Post
          I have a Sage but need the help you speak of. I am willing to travel, any suggestions? I know now is probably a bad time with Texas deer season coming in but I really would like to ditch the cams and cables ASAP!
          Traditional is like golf.. Can a coach get you to play a round tomorrow.. YES Can he have you shooting in the 60's next month.. NO

I'd plan on pulleys and wheels this year

Comment

If you want something a bit prettier than the Sage, and only about $50 more, take a look at the Galaxy Ember at Lancaster Archery Supply. It's an ILF set up, so you can change limbs as your skills increase, but unlike the Sage you can change to any ILF limb, it doesn't have to be from the same manufacturer.

A good coach can save you years of learning how to do things incorrectly and then correcting them. I recommend John Magera, in Columbus. He's an excellent coach.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
              I have two Sages. They are boxy looking but that can be fixed.

Those look great!

Cannot go wrong with a Sage. I have shot several of the galaxy bows, and have been impressed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do have a sage now thanks to jmark100. Have been shooting when I can and had jmark100 son and another one of my friends that shoots trad over sunday for some target shooting. Definitely is addicting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I just received my 35# limbs last week and waiting for my new arrows to arrive this week and I'll be shooting every day here at the house. Plenty of room on our property, just need to get my form perfected.

I'm in the same boat as you Fishxbones, loving shooting traditional.

Comment

Hey FishxBones I'm up here just a tad past San Marcos. If you want to get together and fling some let me know. I'm still a new at this and probably can't help you much but would sure be willing to make the drive just to shoot a few.

Richard. (505) 508-7609.

Comment

Working...
                      X