Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowfin Tuna - Offshore November / Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like a wild tuna bite - in the lights of an offshore oil platform and lights on the boat. Thumping tails pounding the deck as these fish are gaffed. If you pass out in the bunk, the sound of thumping tails on the deck will basically get you up and out on the deck PRONTO! People running around with rods bowed up on tuna, circling the boat in pursuit - it's unreal really. Two, three, four, five and more - all bowed up and dancing with tuna.

And as this goes on, Barracuda and or Mahi may be dancing in the lights chasing baits and or bait fish attracted to the lights. Or you will see Mahi and or Tuna jumping out of the water, tearing up on a topwater feed. Marlin swords slashing at bait at sunrise and or running down a hooked tuna.

Massive sharks, squid and or swordfish - all over 10 - 12 ft, have been spotted circling the boat.

When the feeder goes off offshore - crap dies everywhere cuz it's feeding time!
    Last edited by AtTheWall; 09-21-2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Maybe we can catch a state record swordfish or something...
          Ohh My [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
            Nothing like a wild tuna bite - in the lights of an offshore oil platform and lights on the boat. Thumping tails pounding the deck as these fish are gaffed. If you pass out in the bunk, the sound of thumping tails on the deck will basically get you up and out on the deck PRONTO! People running around with rods bowed up on tuna, circling the boat in pursuit - it's unreal really. Two, three, four, five and more - all bowed up and dancing with tuna.

And as this goes on, Barracuda and or Mahi may be dancing in the lights chasing baits and or bait fish attracted to the lights. Or you will see Mahi and or Tuna jumping out of the water, tearing up on a topwater feed. Marlin swords slashing at bait at sunrise and or running down a hooked tuna.

Massive sharks, squid and or swordfish - all over 10 - 12 ft, have been spotted circling the boat.

When the feeder goes off offshore - crap dies everywhere cuz it's feeding time!

What Rob said!

Comment

Six weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if y’all have any newbies, but more important than leaders and lures are patches. Get your docs to write you a script and don’t leave port without them. Nov weather is likely to be rough and a patch can save your ***.

Comment

Definitely bummed missing this trip.
                  It’s one I look forward to

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                    Definitely bummed missing this trip.
                    It’s one I look forward to

Me too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                      Not sure if y’all have any newbies, but more important than leaders and lures are patches. Get your docs to write you a script and don’t leave port without them. Nov weather is likely to be rough and a patch can save your ***.

Perdido

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        No doubt. I’ve got mine.

Comment

Comment

Hot daggum. I'm adding this trip to my bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post

The blackfin will love that!!! I can't wait to see all the new folks experience this! Its a blast!!!

Comment

About a month out. Im ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X