Aransas 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoswayTyler View Post
    Hahahah we should hold a “car drivers are hunters too” meeting [emoji23]🤣[emoji28]

lmao I was in a corolla...save that gas money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leonitas1306 View Post
      Yes I am , I’m coming from Steiner ranch in Travis county. I’m vamping also in a tent . I found a place that will rent a spot with water and access to power . So I’m bringing a hose an an extension cord a. Fan and permitherin spray down everything. Lol
      Leonitas, I also live in Steiner and I'm hunting Aransas this wknd (as long as I can last.) Send me a message if you want to grab a beer or go to Austin Archery Club this week.

Comment

So I’m going to try fishing

Originally posted by Triprhw View Post
        Hey, Leonitas my info may be wrong I have the 28th (Friday) as the only scouting day after this weekend, I will miss the Saturday and Sunday hunts (might make Sunday evening) then try to hunt all week. Hope to see you there with a buck hanging!
        Thursday I will try some fishing and Friday I will be scouting to hunt the weekend . I can’t wait to see the redfish ! Then some deers ! Lol . Texas super slam weekend ! Can’t wait . I had to be David copperfeild and Al bundie to go on this hunt . Lol

Comment

Steiner Ranch

Originally posted by PaulH84 View Post
          Leonitas, I also live in Steiner and I'm hunting Aransas this wknd (as long as I can last.) Send me a message if you want to grab a beer or go to Austin Archery Club this week.
          Yes sir , I’m going . My number is (561) 846-9145 call me and if I don’t pick up I’ll return the call .

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
            lmao I was in a corolla...save that gas money!

Well then that makes at least 4 of us so far! As long as this hunt has been going on I guarantee you that it wouldn’t be the 1st time a Aransas deer was laid across the hood of a car and brought to check in.

Comment

I’m not sure

Originally posted by RobertD View Post
              This is all good information.

Is anyone bringing a sidearm?
              It states that if you have a lisence to carry card you can but if you don’t your not allowed to? I thought that Texas law stated that if you are hunting or fishing coming or driving from either . would allow for the open carry of a gun . I don’t know . In Florida , we hunted without one on public lands ,but sometimes I really could of used one . Like a wounded boar I trailed into a plameto head .i couldn’t run ,my bow was useless in that so when he charged at me ,all I could do is roll on my back and kick for dear life . Like walking in and around gator holes in the dark especially during archery and spring turkey . But I couldn’t draw and hit a gator in the dark or day if it sprang up outta gator hole . There simply is any time . I say I can’t die until I’m called for. Lol . The desire to hunt outways any peril.

Comment

Hunt day scouting

Due to screwy Federal Jury Duty my wife has, I may not even get down there until Tues the 2nd. Know we can't please everybody, but what's the opinion about setting up on hunt days. 10am to 2pm? Would that not mess up most people's hunts.

Figure the majority of the hunters will bale after the first weekend. What's the odds that they will remove their trail markers? Should late comers avoid ANY marked trail or gently investigate to see if an active blind/stand is present? Do most of you intend to sit all day?

Advice appreciated.

Comment

I like the cool bracelets

Originally posted by GMGIRL View Post
                  Hey everyone. I know this is a needle in a haystack, but while I was out scouting a spot today, my military ID fell out of my truck. If you happen to spot it, please message me!! I know it is a long shot but stranger things have happened.
                  Yes mam , thank you for your service.

Comment

It states that if you have a lisence to carry card you can but if you don’t your not allowed to? I thought that Texas law stated that if you are hunting or fishing coming or driving from either . would allow for the open carry of a gun . I don’t know . In Florida , we hunted without one on public lands ,but sometimes I really could of used one . Like a wounded boar I trailed into a plameto head .i couldn’t run ,my bow was useless in that so when he charged at me ,all I could do is roll on my back and kick for dear life . Like walking in and around gator holes in the dark especially during archery and spring turkey . But I couldn’t draw and hit a gator in the dark or day if it sprang up outta gator hole . There simply is any time . I say I can’t die until I’m called for. Lol . The desire to hunt outways any peril.
                    It's a weapon restricted hunt is why you need the LTC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                      It's a weapon restricted hunt is why you need the LTC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                      So that means also in your vehicles brother? Is not on your person , right? I wondered about that . It’s a non issue for me , I just figured here in Texas , it was all good for personal safety . I would hate to waste an opportunity to hunt for some violation to get in the way of my pulled pork taco ! Lol thank you for your service brother .

Comment

Sit all day

Originally posted by returning egret View Post
                        Due to screwy Federal Jury Duty my wife has, I may not even get down there until Tues the 2nd. Know we can't please everybody, but what's the opinion about setting up on hunt days. 10am to 2pm? Would that not mess up most people's hunts.

Figure the majority of the hunters will bale after the first weekend. What's the odds that they will remove their trail markers? Should late comers avoid ANY marked trail or gently investigate to see if an active blind/stand is present? Do most of you intend to sit all day?

Advice appreciated.
                        Sit all day ,take all you need with you . Don’t risk walking in on folks . The rule is all tape should be removed . I’ll be gone before then . I owe , I owe , it’s off to work I go . Happy hunting and good luck .

Comment

Nice times sounds like

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                          Yep some of the mosquitos were as big as dragonflies today and they don’t give a **** about your spray! Also spotted a few doe, one buck at the entrance, and a big fox which was cool. Good luck everyone.

How are the roads in there Jen? My truck died ! So I did what anyone would do . Rental ! Lol it’s an Toyota suv like a rav 4 .

Comment

Thank you for your support!

Comment

How are the roads in there Jen? My truck died ! So I did what anyone would do . Rental ! Lol it’s an Toyota suv like a rav 4 .
                              Even some of the big trucks were getting stuck leaving the main roads, I'd be careful if I were you. That tow truck driver made his money on Sunday for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by returning egret View Post

Advice appreciated.
                                I'm not making it in to hunt till Tuesday either. I personally plan to sit for sure until after lunch time. If the need for a break arises I'll be moving quietly in and out of the spot I marked and taking down my tape when i go for good.

Comment

Working...
                                X