Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B G View Post
    https://youtu.be/V75yKpcRmpE

This is the reason people have damaged feeders.

Yep. Destructive little devils.

Comment

I started building quad-leg feeders out of heavy duty steel to stop them from doing to much damage. They will still rip the lids off from time to time but mostly my feeders hold up to the bear. you can see the feeders on my website nolanoutdoors dot com.

Comment

Well....hopefully he sticks around a few months.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got a small lease for my son(10 years old) and I up in Johnston County between Tishomingo and Milburn. I haven't really hunted in about 15 years and he's never been hunting so we're looking forward to spending some time together up there this Fall. Got a feeder up and a game cam out but haven't had a chance to go back and check yet to see if we're getting anything on camera.

Comment

Be hunting Push county( n/ w of Rattan) for the first time this year. Gonna be a big change from hunting in Coke county. Don't know what to expect exactly (deer,turkey,hogs and bears.....that's gonna be a hoot). Hoping for a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
              Be hunting Push county( n/ w of Rattan) for the first time this year. Gonna be a big change from hunting in Coke county. Don't know what to expect exactly (deer,turkey,hogs and bears.....that's gonna be a hoot). Hoping for a good year.
              Hunt the wind, be patient, hunt muzzleloader week if you can, hunt from Christmas to close of season over feed. This is my experience over the last 3 years in push co. The bucks will come to the feeders if they have been there a while. If you can put out minerals our deer hammer the mineral all summer then back on it around Christmas. Rifle season gets crazy up there after the first week the deer go away for a few weeks just disappear, that's when I see them bachelor back up and start hitting feed around Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                Hunt the wind, be patient, hunt muzzleloader week if you can, hunt from Christmas to close of season over feed. This is my experience over the last 3 years in push co. The bucks will come to the feeders if they have been there a while. If you can put out minerals our deer hammer the mineral all summer then back on it around Christmas. Rifle season gets crazy up there after the first week the deer go away for a few weeks just disappear, that's when I see them bachelor back up and start hitting feed around Christmas.

Someone should bronze this and when in doubt, refer back to it. This is 100% spot on my experience hunting this area since 2012, minus the feeders. We hand feed in hog paneled feed pens. I’ll also say, in my experience, all those pretty pictures you get of those bucks all summer long, say goodbye early because they disappear a few days before opening day EVERY YEAR! It’s like clockwork, they are still in summer feeding patterns leading right up to opening day and then BAM, they’re gone like a fart in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                  Someone should bronze this and when in doubt, refer back to it. This is 100% spot on my experience hunting this area since 2012, minus the feeders. We hand feed in hog paneled feed pens. I’ll also say, in my experience, all those pretty pictures you get of those bucks all summer long, say goodbye early because they disappear a few days before opening day EVERY YEAR! It’s like clockwork, they are still in summer feeding patterns leading right up to opening day and then BAM, they’re gone like a fart in the wind.

Exactly. I’d be hitting it hard the first week of the season and then again in ML season. You never know who may show up.

Comment

First week can be good, especially if the bucks are still grouped up or on somewhat of a feeding pattern. We didnt get a chance to set up feeders last year due to a last minute move, but we do have 13 throwing buck ration 16% this year and prob 20 mineral sites. It was a rough go our first year on the place but did learn alot, so hopefully with all the feed and a little knowledge i can get lucky. Rice bran is another attractant if you dont have to fight the cattle off of it. We put out cameras on the feeders last weekend so should have some pictures in a month or so.

Comment

It needs to cool down! Need to hang some stands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody up here have access to a Dozer or know anyone who is in the business? I have a days work of Dozer work needed just outside of RedOak.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          Anybody up here have access to a Dozer or know anyone who is in the business? I have a days work of Dozer work needed just outside of RedOak.

How quick are you needing it done?

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                            How quick are you needing it done?

No huge hurry. I have 10 acres with a new cabin build. Cabin sits about 300 Feet from county road. I cut down trees cleared road with a tractor however I need the road worked better as well as some other clearing to give me better access. With a good Dozer D6 or Front Loader should take a man who knows what he’s doing about 6 hours.

Comment

PM inbound

Comment

In for this thread. We just acquired a small lease in Pushmataha Co. Gonna be just the family to hang out at. Looks like mostly 15yr Pine with a few large trees left. Across the road from the Little River. Should be some good bedding and open areas to hunt. Every one around still has big timber. Anxious to get up and put some cameras and stands out.

Comment

Working...
                                X