No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seeing any rattlesnakes recently? We have been lucky the past two years and have only seen one but it was around this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      Anyone seeing any rattlesnakes recently? We have been lucky the past two years and have only seen one but it was around this time of year.
      I'll be out April 7th weekend.. I'll have eyes on lookout for sure.
      Missed last trip with the guys but they didn't say anything about gettin a snake and normally they would

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        I'll be out April 7th weekend.. I'll have eyes on lookout for sure.
        Missed last trip with the guys but they didn't say anything about gettin a snake and normally they would
        I am headed down there the weekend of April 14th and I am going to bring my snake boots for sure.

Comment

I made it out this past weekend. MAN it was cold, it was 38 but the wind was blowing and was in the mid 40's the majority of the day. It was very green where I hunt. We got .7" within the last couple weeks, I can not recall exactly which day the rain came. Still only at around 2" for the year.

Most of the deer still had their horns until the last few days in March or first few days in April. I was happy to see them munching on our protein and cottonseed though.

Comment

I made it out this past weekend. MAN it was cold, it was 38 but the wind was blowing and was in the mid 40's the majority of the day. It was very green where I hunt. We got .7" within the last couple weeks, I can not recall exactly which day the rain came. Still only at around 2" for the year.

Most of the deer still had their horns until the last few days in March or first few days in April. I was happy to see them munching on our protein and cottonseed though.
            Same thing down in Concan area!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              Anyone here familiar with the Wells Ranch down 337 about 10 miles West of Leakey? I believe the owners name is Albert Wells. Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I'm 7 miles west of Leakey on 337. Not familiar with the Wells Ranch, what exactly you looking for? I probably know some folks who can help out. Is it on the north or south side of 337?

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
                I'm 7 miles west of Leakey on 337. Not familiar with the Wells Ranch, what exactly you looking for? I probably know some folks who can help out. Is it on the north or south side of 337?
                He had a lease available and I was hesitant because I knew nothing about the place. I believe he was on the north side of 337.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties 2017/2018

We usually kill 1-2 a year around the camp area. Heard one this past weekend but he was buried in a brush pile. That was Thursday before the temps dropped Friday night.

We’ve been doing a lot of cutting/grappling cedar as well as bulldozing under the oaks and pruning dead limbs and mossball covered limbs. The moss has gotten out of control on a lot of the oaks so we have rigged up a spray system. Five 330 gallon totes on a flatbed with a pump and hose. Mixing baking soda in water and spraying the oaks with a pump/hose. It appears to be working well as the moss that’s been sprayed is shriveled up and is dark and dead looking. Just waiting on time for the wind and rain to knock it out over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    We usually kill 1-2 a year around the camp area. Heard one this past weekend but he was buried in a brush pile. That was Thursday before the temps dropped Friday night.

We’ve been doing a lot of cutting/grappling cedar as well as bulldozing under the oaks and pruning dead limbs and mossball covered limbs. The moss has gotten out of control on a lot of the oaks so we have rigged up a spray system. Five 330 gallon totes on a flatbed with a pump and hose. Mixing baking soda in water and spraying the oaks with a pump/hose. It appears to be working well as the moss that’s been sprayed is shriveled up and is dark and dead looking. Just waiting on time for the wind and rain to knock it out over time.
                    nice find!

Comment

Looks like a pretty good portion of the counties got some rain this morning. We sure did need it.

Comment

Two inches is the radar estimate for our place. Farmlogs hasn’t updated rainfall totals yet. We got a little over an inch a week ago as well. Should be sitting pretty for a few weeks.

Comment

I'm glad for the rain too. We got about 2" at the airport so that's really gonna help going into the summer. I figure about 800 gallons caught in my water tank also.

Comment

We got 4" just south of Utopia!

Comment

Well crud..... I thought we were doing good with the 1.5" that we have got so for but looks like I am on the lower end!

Comment

Neat website I stumbled across just now. Find a dot close to your place and you can guesstimate how much rainfall you’ve gotten, sourced from people that actually have rain gauges, check them, and report their totals.

Comment

Working...
                                X