• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
    Ahhhh Rodeo: Where ya spend thousands too live like a broke gypsy :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Truer words never spoken lol

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
      Brandon were you there? I met your ex wife at the goat show. Your daughter was penned right down from us
      No i wasn’t there

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
        Shannon said she had a rough run. I just need to get my little one to kick it in high gear. That little pony is quick and can place if she will speed it up.
        That will come as she gets more confidence. Key is encourage her but don’t force her

Comment

[QUOTE=Arrowed C;13163229]About 3 years ago my youngest son told me he was not playing anymore baseball like his older brothers did. We were at the ranch hunting when he stated he had something to tell me. He said "Dad I do not want to play baseball anymore, deep in my heart I am a Cowboy and want to rodeo" as he ponded his chest. I leaned over looked him straight in the eye and said son do what you want, I will support you. We have not looked back as he follows the footsteps of his Papa and Great Uncles. We are having a blast.

Thats awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            That will come as she gets more confidence. Key is encourage her but don’t force her
            Yes sir. She is almost there. She will let him run 2 or 3 strides and then pulls him back.

Comment

Don't have any grand kids so following one of my best friend's Granddaughter and a good buddy's daughter. She's 10 and made it in the final 30 of those trying to qualify for the American in barrel chasing. Best of luck to London Gorham!
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                Don't have any grand kids so following one of my best friend's Granddaughter and a good buddy's daughter. She's 10 and made it in the final 30 of those trying to qualify for the American in barrel chasing. Best of luck to London Gorham!
                Adios,
                Gary
                That's awesome stuff there Gary. I watched her run on Florodeo. Love seeing the kids get that far in the American.

Comment

London won last night so she's still in the hunt. I think it would be ironic to see London and Hailey Kinsel run one and two or two and one as they are both from Cotulla.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

London won last night so she's still in the hunt. I think it would be ironic to see London and Hailey Kinsel run one and two or two and one as they are both from Cotulla.
                    Adios,
                    Gary
                    She was smoking fast last night. Good luck to the young lady. My daughter is 10 as well and I can’t even imagine her competing in something like that.

Comment

Adios,
                      Gary
                      Thats Awesome!!!

Comment

here is the most accurate dates I have for what ones I know about. Blanco Cowboy Church dates have changed and Tejas Rodeo has now Published their dates.

Bluebonnet Barrel Racing Association (Mostly around San Antonio):
                        You can find more info at http://bluebonnetbarrelracingassoc.com/
                        10 Race Series Barrel Race and Poles
                        Day Races-Books open at 9am, Race starts at 1pm
                        March 3rd Day Race Bexar County Sheriffs Posse Arena (San Antonio)
                        April 21st Day Race Draggin S Arena (San Antonio)
                        May 12th-13th Day Race Hondo Rodeo Arena (Hondo)
                        June 16th Day Race Cactus Corral Arena (San Antonio)
                        June 30th Rain Date Night Race Bexar County Sheriffs Posse Arena (SA)
                        August 18th-19th Day Race Uvalde Rodeo Arena (Uvalde)
                        September 8th Night Race (TBA)
                        September 22nd Night Race (TBA)
                        October 20th Day Race 7AL Arena (San Antonio)
                        October 21st Rain Date Day Race 7AL Arena (San Antonio)
                        November 17th-18th Day Race JB Wells Arena (Gonzales)

Blanco Cowboy Church Spring Series Playday: UPDATED DATES
                        Entry fee is coming to church before the playday. Church starts at 10:00am and Playday starts at noon. Meal is served after church. Must have current coggins. 3 maybe 4 events. Barrels, Poles, and Baseball. Fun for the whole family.
                        March 11th
                        April 15th
                        May 20th

Blanco Rodeo Association Spring and Fall Series Playdays:
                        Books open at 8am and playday starts at 9am. Playday is held at the Yett Park arena.
                        April 14th (Spring Series)
                        May 12th (Spring Series)
                        June 9th (Spring Series)
                        September 8th (Fall Series)
                        October 13th (Fall Series)
                        November 10th (Fall Series)

Alamo Area Youth Horse Association (this is a youth rodeo and horse show):
                        Horse show is Saturday and speed events are on Sunday's. Skipped this one this spring because we missed the 1st one. Will probably enter up in the fall series if it doesn't conflict with other's we are committed to. This looks to be a great little series and will definitely be doing this one in the future.
                        Takes place at the San Antonio Rose Palace

January 7th Spring Series (missed)
                        April 8th Spring Series
                        June 3rd Spring Series (double point show)
                        September 2nd Fall Series
                        October 7th Fall Series (double point show)
                        December 2nd Fall Series

Youth Horse Club of the Hill Country:
                        The Youth Horse Club of the Hill Country is a family-oriented rodeo club that welcomes youth of all ages and skill.

Kendall County Youth Agriculture & Equestrian Center
                        March 24
                        April 14
                        April 21
                        May 5
                        May 12

I believe Brandon's niece competes in this one.
                        Heart of the Hills Barrel Racing Association:

Sun, March 4 ~ Kerrville
                        Sat/Sun, April 7 & 8~ Uvalde
                        Sat/Sun, April 28 & 29 ~ Llano
                        Sat/Sun, May 26 & 27 ~ Uvalde
                        Sat/Sun, June 23 & 24 ~ Uvalde
                        Sat/Sun, August 4 & 5 ~ Llano
                        Sat, Sept. 15 ~Finals @ Kerrville Banquet & Awards

Tejas Rodeo Playdays
                        Tejas Rodeo Company (Bulverde, TX.)
                        http://tejasrodeo.com/
                        Books open at 10:30am/Race starts at noon
                        March 4th
                        April 8th
                        May 6th

Comment

Adios,
                          Gary
                          She did great even though she didn't get back in the short round. She is gonna be tough to beat for years to come.

My daughter had some good runs Saturday. She took 1st in all 3 speed events at the District 4H point show. One more to go then on to regionals. Season is getting ready to get extremely busy running up and down the road.

Comment

Good luck to your daughter and be careful going down the road!
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

Well my Daughter won Junior Champion of the Denton County Youth Fair horse speed events today

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                                Well my Daughter won Junior Champion of the Denton County Youth Fair horse speed events today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X