Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
      I kayak duck hunt a decent amount and have pretty much quit hunting out of the kayak itself. I've made blinds with burlap, fabric, camo netting, etc., but now i mostly just make a little ground blind on the bank. Way easier, more comfortable and stable. Less is often more with kayak hunting, but YMMV.

Good luck! Its a blast when you have a good day and smoke the guys in 25k mud rigs. Not to say i don't want one, its just cool to realize you can kill plenty of ducks without a nice rig.
      Where do you kayak duck hunt at? I'd be interested in tagging a long some time if you need a hunting buddy one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
        Got around to installing an anchor trolley using existing mounts, no drilling required.

[ATTACH]718909[/ATTACH]

Spent a long weekend at Goose with a couple friends.

Trolley worked like a champ!

Water was not good but getting better each day.
        Fish were spread out and you had to move, I bet I paddled 10 miles a day.

[ATTACH]718911[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]718914[/ATTACH]

But they are there.

[ATTACH]718912[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]718913[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]718910[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]718907[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]718908[/ATTACH]

Good times.

Sweet setup with the coolers and packed fish!

Comment

Any good kayak forums other than texaskayakfisherman?

Comment

texasfishinforum.com has a pretty active kayak section

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/.../Kayak_Fishing

Comment

Tag...it's a yak for Father's Day for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                shut up shut up shut up!! i am currently happy with my 400$ kayak, but i cant stand up or enjoy a nice seat like that. CRAP you just cost me 1000 bucks
                best money you'll spend this year

Comment

Cant wait to get one. Looking hard for a good deal right now. Should have something locked down in the next week or two. Looking forward to hitting some of my honey holes around Ingleside and Aransas Pass.

Comment

Might be a dumb question but are creeks still fishable during the hot days of summer?
                    not a dumb question a good one. i love to fish creeks frome my experience their is no shut off on the fish in creeks. some tips for creek fish n... fish shallow! cant count the times i was paddling and said no fish in that pocket roll up to it and flush out some nice fish. another tip use your casting to your advantage. i know about how far i can sling my lure so i see the spot i want to fish and get JUST close enough to get to it. last tip if the water is clear one of my baits of choice finesse worm watermelon red flake on a shaky head jig. woooooboy just talkng about it get me rdy to go.
                    Last edited by Jaycar85; 06-11-2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

My replacement yak showed up and I spent yesterday rigging it up a bit... Installed a few loops, tie down cleat, and installed my fish finder and transducer --- well, and threw a few stickers on it.... Can't wait to try her out

Comment

Hey Barry how heavy is that yak?

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post

My replacement yak showed up and I spent yesterday rigging it up a bit... Installed a few loops, tie down cleat, and installed my fish finder and transducer --- well, and threw a few stickers on it.... Can't wait to try her out
                          What at the details on your kayak? That thing looks sweet, and that chair looks like you could fish all day in comfort.

Comment

Just over 70pounds .... Has a wheel in the keel that aids in rolling right up to my truck where I just lift and go all by myself. Loads easy--- the boat is the feelfree lure 11.5 in sun camo .... The seat has 10" height and 1" adjustments all the way down to 0.... Not the fastest boat out there but with a 36" width it's easy to stand and fish and even turn around. With the rudder it tracks well. Lots of storage, plenty of room, ---- really really really enjoy this boat and have fished all day in the one I had replaced because a crack in the stern due to a rough transport by Estes express ---

The chair is incredibly comfortable --- now I just got to name her any ideas???

Comment

Bought it from Austin canoe and kayak --- incredible customer service and they really took care of me through it all

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X