No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a whiskey drinker but when I do it's Canadian Club and 7up just because that's what my Dad drank.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Which one did you get?
      Is there another one I should have been looking for?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
        Is there another one I should have been looking for?
        Yes try the Outlaw next. Little more bite but even better taste to me. That one is pretty good though

Comment

1835, Rebecca Creek, Garrison Brothers and Yellow Rose are on my to drink list in that order. I love this thread!

Comment

Gonna have to try this 1835. Would love to try Garrison Bros but it's **** expensive

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Yes try the Outlaw next. Little more bite but even better taste to me. That one is pretty good though
              I'm buying a bottle of the outlaw next weekend when I go to the distillery.

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              1835, Rebecca Creek, Garrison Brothers and Yellow Rose are on my to drink list in that order. I love this thread!
              I love this thread, other than it's costing me a fortune buying whiskey!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	24379650

Pictures or it didn't happen or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by sckiller View Post
                  [ATTACH]712692[/ATTACH]

Pictures or it didn't happen or something similar.
                  Angel's Envy is good, good stuff!!

Comment

I love this thread, other than it's costing me a fortune buying whiskey!! [/QUOTE]

Yup, my "To try list" is growing, come on pay day!!

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                      Check out what the same article says about 1835.

Take the whiskey called 1835, which is bottled by North Texas Distillers in Lewisville. The name is a salute to the year settlers in Gonzales stood their ground against Mexican troops in what is historically considered the start of the Texas Revolution. The label also reads, "Come and take it," on both the back and front, along with a picture of the iconic cannon that was the seed of the conflict. The words "Texas Made" are printed front and center on the label.

It's unlikely that a single speck of Texas, much less the battle of 1835, is actually in any of those bottles. Stretching the term "Made in Texas," the drink is a blend of whiskeys, most or all of them likely from Kentucky, and is only bottled in Texas. The highly astute label reader or whiskey aficionado would be able to discern this, but the average consumer might not. Despite all the Texas banter, the label lacks one key word that is all-telling: "distilled."

I wonder why there arent many texas distilled whiskeys?
                      I can't believe that people in this thread read this and still want to buy 1835...

Comment

Getting my serving of fruits and veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by garby View Post
                          I can't believe that people in this thread read this and still want to buy 1835...
                          I like the way it tastes. There are only 2 or 3 real Texas Bourbons, everything else is a blended spirit whiskey from up North. But, if you like it, drink it.

Comment

On a side note, these folks are out of Pearland, and internet forums have said their blend of Maker's Mark is on the money. I will be buying my own barrel soon.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                              I like the way it tastes. There are only 2 or 3 real Texas Bourbons, everything else is a blended spirit whiskey from up North. But, if you like it, drink it.
                              I guess, but I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find something you liked from a distiller with some passion for what they do rather than someone trying to pull one over on folks that love anything Texas on the bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by garby View Post
                                I guess, but I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find something you liked from a distiller with some passion for what they do rather than someone trying to pull one over on folks that love anything Texas on the bottle.
                                I do, I bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace today. And I too was disappointed when I discovered the truth behind 1835 a few years ago when I started down the bourbon trails
                                Last edited by .270; 05-13-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X