Lower Rio Grande NWR East Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower Rio Grande NWR East Lake

Anyone hunting East Lake with the muzzleloader/shotgun periods? Seeing anything or having luck? I have the first rifle period Jan 27-30 and would be open to help anyone or accepting help if I shoot a Nilgai.

Late response, but I'm hunting next week as well. First time there.

Comment

Good luck guys

TxDad Outdoors-YouTube

Comment

LOG, sent PM

Comment

Hunted there several years ago. Deer hunt was, shotgun/muzzle loader only, hunt. We took 2 doe's and missed a few other deer. We did see a couple of nilgai cows but were to far for a shot. We saw those on the main N/S road. There are a lot of deer but we were hunting with shotguns open sights so we were lucky to get two doe's at close range, less than 50 yards. Watch out for snakes. I almost stepped on a 4 to 5 foot rattle snake on that N/S road. I was lucky to have seen it because it did not rattle. It was coiled ready to strike. The parking area gets pitch black as there are no lights. Kind of scary at night. Especially if you are the last one's to come in from the hunt. I have heard that there is a lot of coyotes operating around the Southern part of EL. But we never came across any suspicious looking people. None the less as a CHL holder I carried a Glock, but I did let the game warden know and he had no issues with it since I was a permit holder. Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

Working...
          X