Squeaky deer blind chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeaky deer blind chair

Just wondering what to use for my deer blind chair it makes some squeaks when I move up in the chair or adjust my self in it to look out a little better or shoot.

I do not want to put something on it with a strong smell like WD 40, is there something that does not have a strong smell.
    Any one been thru this and have a solution I really like my hunting chair and dont want to change it.

silicone spray

Comment

Lucas makes a gun oil that's labeled scent free. It does have a slight smell though. Never used it for squeaks, but it might be worth a try.

Comment

Well sh*t, I WD-40'ed my chair in my rifle blind last weekend. At this time it doesn't have windows so hopefully it will air out. If I don't see another deer at my blind this year I'll know why.

Comment

Put that sumbich in the burn pile and get a Redneck Blinds chair. Most comfortable, quiet chair for the blind ever. Great for dove hunting too. Just a bit heavy to lug around.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Rem Oil

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Reb View Post
              Well sh*t, I WD-40'ed my chair in my rifle blind last weekend. At this time it doesn't have windows so hopefully it will air out. If I don't see another deer at my blind this year I'll know why.
              Have you seen deer in the past? If you clean your rifle I don't think it would be much different. I wouldn't worry about it.

For the OP you can use graphite lubricant

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
                Have you seen deer in the past? If you clean your rifle I don't think it would be much different. I wouldn't worry about it.

For the OP you can use graphite lubricant
                I have seen deer. I was half joking with my reply. My bigger problem is that the new land owner is building a good sized pond about 500 yards behind my blind. He doesn't work on it while we are hunting on the weekend but does during the week.

Comment

Many a good deer blind naps were taking in a big ol squeaky office chair - cringe every time it makes a sound but never fix ha

Comment

Frog Lube

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

vegetable oil

Comment

A drop or two of chain oil works great and will last.

Comment

I put axel grease on my tripod stools and saw deer and hogs the next weekend. I'm not entirely convinced they are bothered by that smell.

Comment

WD40 will not spook deer.

Human scent will.

Comment

Working...
                            X