Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let them steal your truck

Hey guys,

I keep seeing threads about stolen trucks and each time I post about using the Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog

good stuff

Comment

It's a great concept, but not new. I had something similar many, many years ago on my '85 IROC. Several theft attempts were made. They didn't get the car, only the wheels and tires.

Comment

I have a 2011 dodge 3500 that has something similar. I was curious about how effective it was. Still don't really know. I'm in Houston working now so I pull it out anytime I go in anywhere. I know two welders that have had their truck stolen in the last 3 months.

Comment

A buddy has one, seems like it was around $450 installed.
          Also, they are based out of Richmond Tx.

Comment

I been looking at the website and this is the best thing I saw on there

"5.) WHAT HAPPENS IF A TOW TRUCK TRIES TO STEAL MY VEHICLE?

First off, it is important to realize that theft by towing is rare. The VAST majority of vehicles are stolen by driving them away. Having said that, there are several simple strategies you can use to help circumvent towing and make it nearly impossible:

(1) Always lock your doors, close your windows, leave your vehicle in Park (automatic transmission) or in gear (manual transmission), and use your emergency brake.

(2) Turn your wheels all the way to the left or right when you park your car. In the event a tow truck tries to steal your vehicle, the angle of the wheels will make your vehicle track in a big circle. This attracts attention . . . and no tow truck driver wants to tow a vehicle that is traveling beside him in the next lane.

(3) Pull into your parking spot with a front-wheel-drive vehicle or back into your spot with a rear-wheel-drive vehicle, and park as close to a stationary structure (wall, garage, another vehicle) as possible. These steps will encourage the tow truck driver to look for an easier target."

Comment

Ravelco History Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device.

From their website.
              "NOT ONE VEHICLE HAS EVER BEEN STOLEN BY DEFEATING A PROPERLY INSTALLED AND UTILIZED RAVELCO IN MORE THAN 3 DECADES!"

Comment

had the Ravelco system installed a couple weeks ago on my F250

Comment

back to the top since I see more trucks being stolen from TBH brothers.

Ranchdog

Comment

I have ravelco installed on my F-350.

Comment

Dang clicked on the website and bam! flashback central when I saw that plug. My grandma's car used require that plug to start the car. That was over 20 years ago.

Comment

Just don't buy an F250! LOL!

On a side note I heard these can be defeated by simply slicing a potato in half and shoving it into the module. Supposedly completes the circuit. Don't know how true this is.

Comment

Just get a trunk monkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geynA-JYDHE

Comment

Potato won't do it...

Ravelco testimonials from Ravelco's customers throughout the world. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

" I have had your Ravelco system in my last three vehicles and feel very protected with them. A year or so ago I heard a viscous rumor that the Ravelco system could be bypassed with a potato. As silly as it sounds, even some auto mechanics were stating that "all a car thief had to do was cut a potato in half and jam it into the face of the Ravelco and my car would start." I did not argue with them because I really did not know. Even a few police officers told me that they heard that same story. I contacted your office concerning this matter and someone sent me a copy of a letter to you in 1993 from the Chief of Police of Houston stating that "the potato rumor has been proven to be false and should not be disseminated by any employee of the Houston Police Department." Last week we were at the Astrodome watching a ball game. Astros won again! When we came out, someone had broken in and attempted to steal our GMC Yukon. They actually tried to stick a potato in the Ravelco! A few parts of the potato were still stuck in the Ravelco and I had to clean them out with a tooth pick in order to insert my Ravelco Plug. They must have felt like real fools when nothing happened! What is this world coming to? Are people nuts? Who the heck makes up these stupid rumors? Anyway thanks for an excellent product!" - Ferdinand LaMoske, Baytown, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                              Potato won't do it...

Ravelco testimonials from Ravelco's customers throughout the world. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

" I have had your Ravelco system in my last three vehicles and feel very protected with them. A year or so ago I heard a viscous rumor that the Ravelco system could be bypassed with a potato. As silly as it sounds, even some auto mechanics were stating that "all a car thief had to do was cut a potato in half and jam it into the face of the Ravelco and my car would start." I did not argue with them because I really did not know. Even a few police officers told me that they heard that same story. I contacted your office concerning this matter and someone sent me a copy of a letter to you in 1993 from the Chief of Police of Houston stating that "the potato rumor has been proven to be false and should not be disseminated by any employee of the Houston Police Department." Last week we were at the Astrodome watching a ball game. Astros won again! When we came out, someone had broken in and attempted to steal our GMC Yukon. They actually tried to stick a potato in the Ravelco! A few parts of the potato were still stuck in the Ravelco and I had to clean them out with a tooth pick in order to insert my Ravelco Plug. They must have felt like real fools when nothing happened! What is this world coming to? Are people nuts? Who the heck makes up these stupid rumors? Anyway thanks for an excellent product!" - Ferdinand LaMoske, Baytown, Texas
                              To explain this from a circuits perspective, if you have 16 pins, used to complete 8 connections, you can't spoof this by connecting all of them together simultaneously (like with a potato slice) you'll have cross-communication or worse, shorts.

Comment

Working...
                              X