Buc'ees Corn Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buc'ees Corn Warning

I've always seen the warning on the bag....do not feed to lactating animals. Question is why, and is it a warning that should be heeded?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bakin7005; 01-28-2021, 12:05 PM.

maybe because it's level of aflatoxin is 2x higher than most bagged corn.

I think it may say on the bag that buccees corn is up to 40 or 50 parts per billion.

other feed stock has to be below 20 parts per billion.

Comment

Where do you think Beaver Nuggets come from?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

I think it may say on the bag that buccees corn is up to 40 or 50 parts per billion.

Ouch! So what you’re telling me is you get what you pay for? [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Liability is a Beeaaahhtch

Comment

Spoke with our feed store corn supplier
            We asked them to match others prices

He said since they are a feed store They have to have feed that meets certain specs. Their corn has to have a controlled amount of aflatoxin- or tested. Not exactly sure

But anyway they didn’t have much wiggle room on corn for us due to this. Buccees does not have to meet these specs

Comment

is this bad?

Comment

Rejected Valley corn loads go straight thru the hammer mill (cause it somehow can pass Inspection after getting cracked) but then its hauled straight into Mexico to make dog food supposedly. I Wonder where rejected corn loads up north End up at?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  is this bad?
                  I'm no expert, but check out what the FDA has to say.

Aflatoxins are the most commonly researched mycotoxins and are products of the Aspergillus species. Aflatoxins are notorious for the many health consequences that occur from consumption of aflatoxin-contaminated food, including aflatoxicosis and liver damage. Aflatoxins can be produced in crops during the growing season and on food ingredients while in storage. The amount of growth on food ingredients are directly related to the temperature and humidity during production and storage. Thus, the level of aflatoxins contamination in grains fluctuate from season to season.

Aflatoxins are a known carcinogen and their presence in food should be restricted to the lowest practical level. Aflatoxins are also known to cause liver failure in animals. Animals that consume aflatoxin-contaminated food can transfer the toxins to meat, milk and eggs resulting in human exposure to a health hazard.

I would imagine the level in the corn that buccees is selling is still legal... since they're selling it, and it's printed on the bag.

for the ~$1 a sack discount it offers, not worth it to me.

Comment

I'm no expert, but check out what the FDA has to say.

Aflatoxins are the most commonly researched mycotoxins and are products of the Aspergillus species. Aflatoxins are notorious for the many health consequences that occur from consumption of aflatoxin-contaminated food, including aflatoxicosis and liver damage. Aflatoxins can be produced in crops during the growing season and on food ingredients while in storage. The amount of growth on food ingredients are directly related to the temperature and humidity during production and storage. Thus, the level of aflatoxins contamination in grains fluctuate from season to season.

Aflatoxins are a known carcinogen and their presence in food should be restricted to the lowest practical level. Aflatoxins are also known to cause liver failure in animals. Animals that consume aflatoxin-contaminated food can transfer the toxins to meat, milk and eggs resulting in human exposure to a health hazard.

I would imagine the level in the corn that buccees is selling is still legal... since they're selling it, and it's printed on the bag.

for the ~$1 a sack discount it offers, not worth it to me.
                    interesting. guess its back to tractor supply

Comment

I keep my liver busy enough, last thing I need is tainted venison with liver damaging carcinogenic‘s in it [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Learned me something today. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by East6101 View Post
                          Learned me something today. Thanks
                          me too......im super surprised!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                            Rejected Valley corn loads go straight thru the hammer mill (cause it somehow can pass Inspection after getting cracked) but then its hauled straight into Mexico to make dog food supposedly. I Wonder where rejected corn loads up north End up at?
                            They mix it with clean loads to average out a safe level.

Funny thing is, I know for a fact is it just the luck of the sample pull. A friend of mine hauled 7 trucks to the mill. One was rejected so he drove straight to a different mill and it tested fine. His question - how is it that 6 loads from the same acreage can pass with minimal amounts yet the 7th is sky high? That's why he went to the second mill.

Comment

Those numbers are insane! Nobody should feed that filth to the deer.

Maybe next year I can buy my bucees corn @$3/50.

Comment

Working...
                              X