No announcement yet.

Winter weather is coming, get ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does Johnny the redneck TBH weather dude predict for this winter?

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
      I'm predicting we'll hit 100 next July, August at the latest
      I am going to bet you are correct.

Comment

I'm predicting a wet cold front with icy roads between the first and 15th of February. What do I win if true?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
          I trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
            He’ll be along shortly, needs to check the models first.

Comment

My accuweather forecast doesn’t look too severe.
              I hope it stays above 20.
              We were -5 here for an hour or two last year.

Comment

1 cord of cut and stacked oak, and a 13,500 watt back up generator with the system installed in the house. Bring it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  1 cord of cut and stacked oak, and a 13,500 watt back up generator with the system installed in the house. Bring it on!
                  I make a mean chicken and dumplings. Chilli. Spaghetti. Steak. Pork chop. Dad jokes. You name it. If I get cold. I and my family will bunk with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    I make a mean chicken and dumplings. Chilli. Spaghetti. Steak. Pork chop. Dad jokes. You name it. If I get cold. I and my family will bunk with you.
                    I could easily sleep 3 adults in beds, more on cots or the floor!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Most of the posters on there are model huggers. Need to watch the trend vs far out fantasy models and see a consistent trend developing. Keep in mind we are into a full on la nina and are causing a lot of problems with modelistic forecasting. A few days before last weekend's rain/storm system the models were putting out 4-8" of widespread rain in northeast TX. It was a total bust. Beware of those guys on storm2k, many of them live in fantasyland and will go all in on only certain models instead of following a trend. Cold fronts are coming but it's a little soon to be crying polar vortex and mcfarland signature. Dont get sucked into the hype this far out

I am talking about trends. As they state over and over on storm2k, you can’t rely on one model “fantasyland” run. Are there people there that do this, yes. But not everyone does.

With all of the info that we currently have showing a potential cold snap coming that could trigger power outages again as ERCOT has already warned us about, I would rather prepare now and be wrong then to not prepare and watch my family suffer. It is up to you and everyone else here to make your own decision. Personally, with how messed up our supply chain already is, I would prefer to prepare now while cold weather supplies are in stock and plentiful then to wait and take my chances.

Comment

Seeing how I am on a knee scooter and bum foot until mid Feb you can almost bet the house that there will be some nasty crap between now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Seeing how I am on a knee scooter and bum foot until mid Feb you can almost bet the house that there will be some nasty crap between now and then.
                          That’s the way it usually works! It happened to me in 2011. I was in a cast and we got 11” of snow in D/FW!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                            That’s the way it usually works! It happened to me in 2011. I was in a cast and we got 11” of snow in D/FW!!
                            That was awesome!!
                            I spent nearly 6 hrs stuck on Bush trying to get home

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                              . . .

With all of the info that we currently have showing a potential cold snap coming that could trigger power outages again as ERCOT has already warned us about, I would rather prepare now and be wrong then to not prepare and watch my family suffer. It is up to you and everyone else here to make your own decision. Personally, with how messed up our supply chain already is, I would prefer to prepare now while cold weather supplies are in stock and plentiful then to wait and take my chances.
                              Too many people on the systems and still building.
                              What could go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                                Too many people on the systems and still building.
                                What could go wrong?
                                Exactly. But it was a once in 100 year storm so we are good. Nothing to see here. Move along…………

Comment

Working...
                                X