This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I just listened to Joey Maguire interviewed on the ticket, and I am instantly interested in what he is able to do at Tech. I hope for success for both in that partnership for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard not to like the guy. He’s lit a fire out West that they’ve needed for a while and hope he can jumpstart things. He should have everything he needs and the new Womble Football facility underway early next year should help. Dudes been on the recruiting trail since day 1. So much better then the Wells fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
      Good for him!!! Hey, does he play for Kobza at George Ranch? I played Little League Baseball with him in Victoria in my much younger days.

Yes he does. He’s a Sophomore at George Ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Saying either Jimbo, Arranda, or Stoops to LSU.
        Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post

Jimbo has effusively praised Aggieland and said "I ain't going" multiple times.

He also said "I would be stupid to go over there".

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Apparently you're new to the game.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        When Jimbo was initially asked about it immediately after O was fired, I feel like he did a pretty good job of answering the question, but probably left a bit of an opening by saying “I plan on” finishing his contract with A&M.

When pressed a little harder a week or so ago, I feel like he pretty much shut the door with his well publicized answer to the lingering question (“I ain’t going nowhere”...but some still speculate because, as Jimbo admitted, sometimes coaches lie about such things.

I listened to yesterday’s press conference this morning, and in answering a fairly innocuous question (I think from a Batt student reporter) about players “expressing excitement...” about Jimbo staying at A&M and “continuing to build this program...” and if that “has created a stronger and more loyal connection between you and your players...” After joking about how that might change “after today’s practice,” I think Jimbo’s answer is pretty telling:

“Well I think it is... there's a trust. I mean, you have to trust…listen. People always say you’ve got the player's careers in your hands. Well, they’ve got our careers in their hands. It's a trust factor...

...And I think from that standpoint of building that trust and love between each other, which is what I think it's about, it's doing that...

... Hopefully, they have it in me. I definitely have it in them, and we're developing each and every day.”

If Jimbo were to jump ship to LSU (or anywhere else) after a statement like that, I don’t think he’d ever be able to talk to a player, a recruit or a parent about “trust” ever again.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          Speaking of bow hunting, my oldest got it done again yesterday evening. He’s a stone cold killer!

Congratulations to you and the boy! Great shot! Heck of a buck!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            Lot of smoke of Napier to Florida. Think it may just be smoke. Another name to watch to Florida is Bill O’Brien

Also hearing that Riley has declined to have further discussions with LSU through his agent and will stay at OU.

Since there’s not a snowballs chance in hell of getting Jimbo, LSU will settle for Arranda, or Stoops.
            There ya go…..fixed it for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              1939 should be a hell of a pitch…
              Here comes another, my team sucks so bad I have nothing to brag about, history lesson.

You forgot 76-37-5 or the ole 27-25.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                Here comes another, my team sucks so bad I have nothing to brag about, history lesson.

You forgot 76-37-5 or the ole 27-25.
                Agreed. You have absolutely nothing to brag about…

Comment

Agreed. You have absolutely nothing to brag about…
                  LOL….you try way too hard.

But but but, we’re Texas!!!! Enjoy that bowl game!!

Comment

There ya go…..fixed it for ya.
                    Arranda's team is currently ranked higher than Fisher's?

Aggy SOS 53
                    Baylor SOS 39

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL….you try way too hard.

But but but, we’re Texas!!!! Enjoy that bowl game!!
                      Enjoy 1939…

Comment

What’s sark selling? We’ve sucked for the last 12 years? Hell of a pitch.

Comment

What’s Riley selling? Thank God for Texas?

Comment

What’s Riley selling? Thank God for Texas?
                            Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              Yup.
                              Can’t blame him a bit. Lord knows they would struggle without.

Comment

Can’t blame him a bit. Lord knows they would struggle without.
                                Your football ignorance is showing.

Comment

Working...
                                X