No announcement yet.

Carolina Reaper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've eaten all the exotics over the years. The reaper and scorpion are right on par for me not much difference in heat level once you get that high. My step dad and I would challenge ourselves with some crazy stuff, 9 million pure extract was insane we only did that once.

The exotic peppers are fruity in flavor and puts you in a stage of euphoria for about 20 mins. It's hot but it won't get any hotter.

Now jalapenos are hot to me... not sure how that happened

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      The color orange is not why I said it wasn't a ghost. It is the pepper its self. The picture you posted in the most recent post is definitely a reaper. I still say the ghost is not a ghost. The texture or lack there of is my reason. They don't have a smooth texture like a jalapeƱos. They look just like a reaper except longer. Reapers are usually looked snubbed like the one you posted. We grow peppers on my Dads side of the family. Shipped out 3.5 tons two weeks ago to a cheese maker.
      And that pepper I ate last night came off that same plant as far as texture, my ghost pepper plant last year always produced smooth peppers. Let me guess your gonna tell me this isn't a ghost pepper plant?�� look at pile of smooth red ghost peppers in the pic earlier.....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by hogslayer78; 11-17-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Y'all don't take this wrong but Y'all Ain't right!!!

Comment

I raise all three, the Ghost, Scorpion, and the Reaper. The wife thinks the plants, and bright colored peppers are pretty, We've tried to make salsa that was bearable to eat with them, but you really have to cut back from what you would use with other peppers, even chili pequins, which we also raise....Personally, I wouldn't eat a half of one by itself.. I tried a tiny sliver of one once, that was enough...

Comment

I love hot stuff too Mike. I've eaten ghost peppers and Trinidad scorpions but still have never tried a reaper. My daughter and I eat habaneros with our supper like m&m's lol.

Comment

Been working on a jar of Mrs Renfro's Carlina Reaper salsa over the last week. Sure is tasty but I tend to forget that what goes in must come out and that is often not pleasant

Comment

just thinking of these makes my nose run and eyes water....

Comment

Iā€™ve grown reapers a couple of years, but focus mainly on the ghost peppersā€¦

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

my wife make a mango-reaper jelly. i grow lots of reapers and habaneros each summer.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      And that pepper I ate last night came off that same plant as far as texture, my ghost pepper plant last year always produced smooth peppers. Let me guess your gonna tell me this isn't a ghost pepper plant?�� look at pile of smooth red ghost peppers in the pic earlier.....
                      You are correct. I know nothing.

Comment

Here's my question why[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have not eaten any of those by themselves but we grew scorpion peppers and habaneros this year and made some salsa from the scorpion peppers and it was really good!

Comment

Hogslayer first of all you're crazy. Not sure how you do that.

Second...help me out. What would you call these peppers. The card on them when I bought the plants at a nursery just said Caribbean Peppers. I grow Thai, habaneros, pequins and so on but these are by for the hottest I have.

The leaves look broader on my plant then your scorpion plant.

TIA
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post

Second...help me out. What would you call these peppers. The card on them when I bought the plants at a nursery just said Caribbean Peppers. I grow Thai, habaneros, pequins and so on but these are by for the hottest I have.

TIA
                              That looks like a red savina to me. They are one of the worst in my opinion as far as burn goes if that's what those are. They aren't as hot as scorpions and reapers but much hotter than habanero's and the burn last much much longer than the hotter one's. Those are actually the worst to me because the heat scale is less but intensity last Way longer.
                              Last edited by hogslayer78; 11-17-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post

TIA
                                A popular caribbean pepper is the scotch bonnet pepper. Looks pretty close.

Comment

Working...
                                X