Clear All

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
    You are getting a big boy one right?

I think these are a must.
    Flatting bit(for your spoilboard)
    1/4 Down cut
    90 degree v bit
    1/8 down cut
    compression bit(if your cutting plywood)

toolstoday and bits & bits are two of the big ones.

Thanks for the reply. My machine isn’t big but more of a commercial model than a hobbyist one.

Got some tooling from Vortex ordered and just received a call this morning letting me know the cnc has been built, tested and ready to ship. Hopefully I can get the laser to work to do simple engraving on small things for Christmas. I’ll have my hands full learning. It comes with its own computer loaded with Vetrics V Carve Pro V 10.0

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      Thanks for the reply. My machine isn’t big but more of a commercial model than a hobbyist one.

Got some tooling from Vortex ordered and just received a call this morning letting me know the cnc has been built, tested and ready to ship. Hopefully I can get the laser to work to do simple engraving on small things for Christmas. I’ll have my hands full learning. It comes with its own computer loaded with Vetrics V Carve Pro V 10.0
      What machine did you get?

Comment

What machine did you get?
        ShopSabre 23 with upgrades notably a vfd/spindle, laser attachment and 4 axis.
        Below is a video on it. Like I said itsnot a big machine.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfHq5CLIDY"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfHq5CLIDY[/ame]

Comment

I have a 4'x8' machine for my business. Done a few small things here and there, but mostly larger things for work. You can see some of the stuff I've made here...

Rickey Crum, founder of Haptic Workshop, is a designer, fabricator, maker and artisan who uses his architectural training in his projects to craft immersive entertainment-based experiences.

Instagram: @hapticworkshop

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
            I have a 4'x8' machine for my business. Done a few small things here and there, but mostly larger things for work. You can see some of the stuff I've made here...

Rickey Crum, founder of Haptic Workshop, is a designer, fabricator, maker and artisan who uses his architectural training in his projects to craft immersive entertainment-based experiences.

Instagram: @hapticworkshop
            awesome! just followed you in instagram

Comment

awesome! just followed you in instagram
              Thanks, dude. Followed you back! I'm digging that little sailboat you made.

Comment

Making money!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                  Making money!

So it grows in the trees not on them??? Got it!

Comment

Samples in the works

Flying duck scene
                    Deer mount board
                    Attached Files

Comment

Final update

This will be my son's mount plaque for his first deer currently at taxidermy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

My 1st completed piece.
                        1-1/8" thick solid 1 piece mesquite with 1 live edge

There were a lot of lessons learned and too many machine hours to list.

1/4" endmill roughing pass = 4.5 hours
                        1/4" ball endmill = 4.5 hours
                        1/16" tapered ball finish pass = 10 hours
                        Attached Files

Comment

My 1st completed piece.

1-1/8" thick solid 1 piece mesquite with 1 live edge

There were a lot of lessons learned and too many machine hours to list.

1/4" endmill roughing pass = 4.5 hours

1/4" ball endmill = 4.5 hours

1/16" tapered ball finish pass = 10 hours
                          Very nice, you have a lot of hours in that one. What were you feed rates and spindle speeds for cutting that?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well great now I need one of these. Thank you Sir.
                            Great looking work though.

Comment

1/4 rough downcut- 16k rpm, 40ipm, 0.1" step over
                              1/4 ball - 16k rpm, 60ipm, .06d" stepover
                              0.075" tapered ball - 12k rpm, 75ipm, 0.006" step

I'm most likely totally incorrect on the settings but this has been a good starting point on learning time vs quality.
                              Stopover and feed play a huge roll. Also I don't have an 1/8 ball so I was trying to accommodate that. Tool selection will be increasing this week. I was setting up the machine to run at night while we slept. In the morning I would clean and turn it off and repeat the next day after work.

Comment

1/4 rough downcut- 16k rpm, 40ipm, 0.1" step over
                                1/4 ball - 16k rpm, 60ipm, .06d" stepover
                                0.075" tapered ball - 12k rpm, 75ipm, 0.006" step

I'm most likely totally incorrect on the settings but this has been a good starting point on learning time vs quality.
                                Stopover and feed play a huge roll. Also I don't have an 1/8 ball so I was trying to accommodate that. Tool selection will be increasing this week. I was setting up the machine to run at night while we slept. In the morning I would clean and turn it off and repeat the next day after work.
                                I seeyou are using a Laguna machine, you didnt get a Shop Sabre?

Have had mine running for 2 weeks now and from not knowing nothing about cnc nor computers I feel i am getting somewhere. I tried some 3D carving but it’s meh to me, takes a lot of time. What do you sell something for that has 15-20 hours of machine time?

Comment

Working...
                                X