No announcement yet.

"Old" Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my sbxt about two years ago, so it is definately not a dinosaur, but I am very happy with it and dont see myself buying a new bow anytime soon.

Comment

Outback, It hits where it looks and I have confidence in it... (Cosmiccowboy)

Comment

I shoot a High Country Sniper. I bought it from my younger brother in 1994 and I know he got it used. I have no idea exactly how old it really is. It still shoot great, but the let off is probably just 50%. I am getting older and would like a higher let off. Just can't seem to let go of the money for a new one.

Comment

Like Jamesl, I am still shooting my '00 Mathews Q2. I bought it in August of 2000, and I don't feel compelled to change. If there is a problem it is usually due to operator error, and not the equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
            Up until this spring I've been shooting a Golden Eagle Evolution since new.
            I shot a Darton SL-50 for 12 years before that.
            Don't see why I won't shoot my Hoyt Vectrix XL for 10 years.
            I had a Darton SL 50 and a 70M. I still have a Darton SL1000 but dont shoot it anymore. Its like 1985

Comment

'93 Matthews 3D Vapor. It hits where I aim @ 257 fps and quiet. Works for me.

Comment

Well going by some opinons I received Im told mine is 20 years old or somwhere around that... Shoots good and works great for me.... Maybe Ill get something fancy one of these days after I kill somthing with it

Comment

Mathews Legacy as my primary, and old school Mathews Ultra Max as my backup. I can't see any reason to upgrade as the Legacy was a sweet bow, and still draws plenty of blood.

Comment

Just had a new string put on my 2001 Q2, more hunting adventures to come before I think of going to something else!

Stu

Comment

I shot a '88 Pearson Spoiler until Christmas of '06 when I got the bow in my sig. My new bow fully loaded weighs much less than the Spoiler bare.

Comment

I am still shooting my 99 or 00 Browning Eclipse. I'd like a newer one, but everytime I pull this one out of the case I feel like I am seeing an old friend.

I actually think that I can just now upgrade and get a significant gain on performance. The price tags on stuff is what keeps me from doing it. I'm in no hurry though.

Comment

note to you guys sayin you will shoot your bow till it falls apart, please dont it really hurts

last year we were rabbit hunting and my bow decided it didnt like me any more, so the string bustedin half and it plus the cables hit me in the neck and chest....leaves a pretty good bruise, and since bowtech apparently doesnt believe in replacing faulty equipment i was out 175$ for strings cables limbs and modules

Comment

Originally posted by theunluckyhunter View Post
                            so the string bustedin half and it plus the cables hit me in the neck and chest....leaves a pretty good bruise, and since bowtech apparently doesnt believe in replacing faulty equipment i was out 175$ for strings cables limbs and modules
                            Why'd ya dry fire your bow chris?

Comment

didn't, dont know what the he!! happenedit was kinda sad the arrow just kind of sat there in the whisker biscuit and the rabbit hopped away

Comment

Right now I'm shooting an '05 Ultratec. I still have my '91 Hoyt Super Slam Heat that I could pull out and kill with just as good. And it shoots a whopping 204fps!

Comment

Working...
                                X