Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don’t forget to unload guns before cleaning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad everyone is OK brother

reminds me of the bizarre, crazy death of Greg Fleniken at the Elegante' Hotel in Beaumont back in 2010. O&G worker from Louisiana who was found dead in his hotel room. Coroner totally missed the COD

long, but a solid read ..
    https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2...l-texas-murder

video below is from an ABC murder-mystery special on this strange death
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFaZKKySHIY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFaZKKySHIY[/ame]

Comment

Wow that's scary stuff.

Comment

The bottom line is if you follow the 4 basic rules to perfection you don’t have to worry about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t forget to unload guns before cleaning.

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          The bottom line is if you follow the 4 basic rules to perfection you don’t have to worry about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the kid was alone and 24 to 26 years old.

Who knows what he was really doing. That’s just what he told her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Guy from my old corporate office shot himself in the eye with a .22 ages ago while cleaning his gun. Everyone called him Popeye from then on. Warren took it in stride saying he deserved it for such stupidity.

Comment

First rule; Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
              No excuses.

Comment

Someone needs an ***** beating!

Comment

Our good friend is a holster maker and ex military who also does tac classes. A guy took the mag. out and opened the breech of his semi auto to show the cop at the door to get in and once he got in he put the mag back in and closed the breech so when our friend tried to fit it into a holster BAMM! Through his leg off the floor, the ceiling and hit a Lady in the head! Fortunately it had lost so much energy it was just a flesh wound for her. For him he had to get the NRA attorneys involved as the guy claimed he didn't even have a mag for it!!!!

Comment

Cleaning? Pfft!
                    Screwing around with a loaded gun.
                    And being a dumbass.

Comment

Had a relative catch a 22LR in the knee the same way. Just dumb.

Comment

This might be a dumb question but how do you even clean a loaded firearm? I disassemble my firearms when I clean them.

Comment

In the last few years I’ve had two good friends shoot themselves in the foot. One was a NRA and TPWD safety instructor and the other had decades of experience shooting long range competition. The first lost his leg just below the knee and the other has recovered after surgeries and months of therapy. If it can happen to these two men, it can happen to anyone. You just can’t relax when handling firearms. A moment’s daydreaming or distraction can result in crippling injury or death.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            I think that cleaning a gun is just a scapegoat in many cases.

Like has been said in this thread, was it a guy practicing quick draw? Dry fire? All without checking the gun……

A guy alone fires a gun because he didn’t check before pulling the trigger and when asked what happened…. “Uh… uh… I was cleaning my gun and it went off”.
                            Absolutely. "I accidentally fired while cleaning it." sounds a lot better than just about anything else that would have actually happened.

Who cleans any guns with the action/bolt closed?

Comment

lucky no one was hurt or killed. Sounds like he needs some retraining.

Comment

At a friend's deer lease, one guy was "cleaning" his gun on the porch and it went off, through the wall and hit my dad's friend in the shoulder and head. He was not going to make it. That was over 45 years ago and he is 81 now. Lucky to survive.

Comment

Working...
                                X