No announcement yet.

Streaming TV? No thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have an antenna and it has everything we like. Hotspot off of the phone with a cell booster.

Comment

Did I mention FDTV?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        I would love to, but it still shows not available till 23.
        Which at one time it said early 22…
        They told me mid 2022 but it wasn't happening. My house was about finished and I'd have been stuck with dsl. Coughed up the extra $25 a month for the RV version and was in business within a week.

Comment

Streaming with no commercials is the way to go. I can't stand watching live TV after years of primarily not having to watch any commercials. But I do have an antenna, mostly for sports.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            They told me mid 2022 but it wasn't happening. My house was about finished and I'd have been stuck with dsl. Coughed up the extra $25 a month for the RV version and was in business within a week.
            I will check into that. Thanks!

Comment

TV is a very minor thing in my life. I would much rather watch some of the series on the streaming channels than anything broadcast. I decided many years ago that I could have a life or I could watch sports, so I have a life. It doesn't hurt that our internet is free. When we had satellite, the only thing ever on was stupid Hallmark movies. The same ones over and over and over. It was costing me a hundred dollars a month for her to watch reruns. The wife was perturbed when I cancelled but she got over it. She recently found them again on Hulu or Roku, but hasn't overdone it this time.

Comment

Regular old antenna works great

Comment

I was spending $200 plus a month at both houses for dish plus the cost of good internet service. Switched to streaming and I’m under $50 a month for all the streaming subscriptions we want. Do have very good internet service at both places, saving $350 a month is significant and well worth the learning curve to stream imo.

Comment

If what you want to watch is on one or two streaming services you can save money. I switched from regular cable a couple years ago, but I don't watch a whole lot of stuff. The media companies have figured out that if they put their shows on different streaming platforms they make more money. Wanna watch breaking bad? You need netflix. Kid wanna watch a movie? Disney Plus. Sports? Another service. Add up each one and tack on internet and the cost is pretty close to cable. Still worth it to not have a million channels with nothing on and sit through commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                      Did I mention FDTV?
                      What is FDTV? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DWS View Post
                        What is FDTV? Thanks
                        I'll guess:

Eff Direct TV

Comment

I spend $45 a month on streaming. I don't watch sports on tv or have anything current that I think I need to see though. Dang sure not for what DTV is charging. I had 9 million channels and watched 3.

Comment

Been streaming for over 2 years. $25/month and I literally have everything.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Regular old antenna works great
                              This here, I put one up on my chimney and get all the major networks and 20 or so other channels, about the only time I watch it is when football is on one of the major networks.

We also stream with the Hulu Disney ESPN combo that is $20 per month, and get HBO Max free through our phone data plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X