ATF Wait Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATF Wait Time

Any ideas on "current" wait time after ATF cashes your check on suppressor tax stamp?

It really depends on what you're doing. Form 1, Form 4, individual, trust. I'll tell you this, I submitted a Form 1 trust for a suppressor in October 2016 and I still don't have it back yet. There have been people that submitted Form 4's since then that have already been approved. It makes no sense in the order things are getting approved.

Comment

Form 4 Trust took me 8 months. What really gives me the Red arse is I have 2 more in jail. Doesn't it make better sense to have a rules based approval system (If an approved applicant has pending suppressors, all items are released).

Comment

check being cashed on 4/10/17 stamp arrived on 3/19/2018. Form 4 trust with one person on it.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by bowpro12 View Post
          Any ideas on "current" wait time after ATF cashes your check on suppressor tax stamp?
          You are asking a question that no one can answer definitively, because it requires knowing what will take place in the unknown future.

If you want to know how long folks who filed their forms a long time ago and just got their stamps back had to wait (which is marginally useful at best and incredibly misleading at worst for predicting future wait times), www.nfatracker.com has infinitely more data than this bowhunting website.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
            It really depends on what you're doing. Form 1, Form 4, individual, trust. I'll tell you this, I submitted a Form 1 trust for a suppressor in October 2016 and I still don't have it back yet. There have been people that submitted Form 4's since then that have already been approved. It makes no sense in the order things are getting approved.
            I am telling you.........black helos are spying on you.........

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
              I am telling you.........black helos are spying on you.........
              Lol

Comment

Good Lord, something’s definitely wrong there. What do they say when you all and ask about it?

Also have you tried emailing the ATF chief about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Good Lord, something’s definitely wrong there. What do they say when you all and ask about it?

Also have you tried emailing the ATF chief about it?

I have called and they just say it's pending FBI background check. The only email address I have is the investigator that emailed me last October saying he was starting my check. I have emailed him and get the same response. Who is the ATF chief?

Comment

Oddly enough, they cashed my check quickly. Literally, within days of when I sent it in. Last time, it was just before I received the stamp back.

I suppose it is wishful thinking.

Comment

It’s all over the board. Had some come back in 11 months, then just got some back in 7. Who knows.

Comment

Since all the pre-41f forms should be behind us now, I was hoping it would speed back up

Comment

I have called and they just say it's pending FBI background check. The only email address I have is the investigator that emailed me last October saying he was starting my check. I have emailed him and get the same response. Who is the ATF chief?

I don’t know what his email is but I know several people in the past who have contacted them and gotten results. 18 months is way beyond normal times.

Comment

You can call the ATF NFA branch at (304) 616-4500, select "check status of a form 1/4" and then give them your name and serial number. If you don't have the SN, contact your FFL/SOT and they can provide it for you.

Comment

My last one took 15 months. Te first one took 11 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X