X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yaqui View Post

From the letter sent to the DA...
    Theft of Necessary Items
    Study after study shows that when we arrest, jail, and convict people for non-violent crimes committed out of necessity, we only prevent that person from gaining the stability necessary to lead a law-abiding life. Criminalizing poverty is counter-productive for our community’s health and safety. For that reason, this office will not prosecute theft of personal items less than $750 unless the evidence shows that the alleged theft was for economic gain.[/quote]

I agree with you on this. Economic gain is the key phrase here.[/QUOTE]

So as long as they can prove they’re selling the stolen goods to feed their family it’s ok?!?!

Comment

This is how Dallas will look in a few years. I have spent a lot of time in the Seattle area for work in the last couple of months and it is amazing how bad it is up there. If you have an hour watch this special done by a fair news channel in Seattle. This is the future for Dallas .

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw"]Seattle is Dying - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Watched it. And people want to make it ok to do drugs and employers not drug test. All this is drug related. Duh

Comment

So now the homeless man who commits a loitering or public disturbance crime just so he can get a free meal will no longer be able to do that. He will now have to commit this crime at a residence to get the same treatment.

Great plan!

Comment

I dunno man. I don't have an alternative solution so I'm not sure I can truly complain...but I just don't get it. I don't get why we have to help/cater to the poor.

Off subject...had a girl at work who is purposely not marrying her baby's father because that would lessen the amount of child-care money Tarrant county gives her. She came up to me and bragged about getting over $800 a month for day care. Bragging about it. I looked at her because she was clueless at how this could have been offensive. I said, do you really think I have an extra $800 a month laying around to pay for child care?

Going back to the letter...What I don't get is how we're taking away all of the bad things that could happen to people for making wrong decisions. Isn't the horrible mess you could be putting yourself in part of the reason one should do the "right thing"? Isn't that the motivation to do good things in life? Because you won't end up in a situation you can't, or at least it would be hard to get out of?

And on the food thing... You know there was a story I read not too long ago about a kid stealing candy from a 7-11. He said he was stealing it so his little brother could have something to eat. It's candy! It ain't a meal! You were stealing the dang candy! And the "stealing for necessity"... If you steal $749 worth of food, they still have to proof it was out of necessity. Again - you're poor, you get a hand out. You can afford the $749 worth of food, you get a worse punishment. How is that equality?

/rant

Comment

This is the kind of krap you get when liberals are elected to run things

Comment

What about revamping the welfare system first?

What about illegals in the sanctuary city? Do these rules apply to them.

This is a direct reflection of Straight Ticket Voting with a liberal idiot Beto leading the charge. Harris county lost every single republican judge up for reelection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As a Dallas resident, I really don't have a problem with what he is trying to do. Unburden the poor. Give them a chance to work. You can't work from jail when you can't post bail for a simple possession charge. Like for having a joint on you. You can't post bail, can't get to work, can't make your car payment. And then it just snow balls from there...

It has worked in other cities, Houston will be doing the same, they are better about keeping it quiet, as is Austin.

I wish we had HEB's to steal from...

Disclaimer: I haven’t read the entire thread.

So you are ok with someone stealing anything they want from you as long as it costs less than $750?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

As a Dallas resident, I really don't have a problem with what he is trying to do. Unburden the poor. Give them a chance to work. You can't work from jail when you can't post bail for a simple possession charge. Like for having a joint on you. You can't post bail, can't get to work, can't make your car payment. And then it just snow balls from there...

It has worked in other cities, Houston will be doing the same, they are better about keeping it quiet, as is Austin.

I wish we had HEB's to steal from...
                    It's hard for me to believe that people have your thought process. Oh woe is me because the system has got the man down. Give me a break. How about keep your nose clean and you don't have to worry about losing your job while you're locked away in the clink.

Comment

All democrats lie and cheat, they don't want to prosecute the very folks that put them in office.

Comment

Best reply on here

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Disclaimer: I haven’t read the entire thread.

So you are ok with someone stealing anything they want from you as long as it costs less than $750?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Still waiting for the answer.

Do the crime - Do the time. End of story. Rest is just liberal tears and hand wringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                          Still waiting for the answer.

Do the crime - Do the time. End of story. Rest is just liberal tears and hand wringing.
                          Hey, I am against anyone stealing anything for any reason. I hate a thief as much as anyone else. Like you said, you did not read the entire thread, and maybe you didn't read the article either?

I personally think pot should be decriminalized.

Most of the passes the DA will be giving are related to FIRST TIME OFFENDERS.

I THINK the reasoning behind to $750.00 limit has to do with what property owners are willing to take the personal time and effort as well as seeking legal council to try and prosecute those criminals.

In 1998 when John Creuzot, now the new Dallas County district attorney, was a Dallas County felony district court judge, he established an experimental program called the Dallas Initiative for Expedited Recovery and Treatment or DIVERT. It sent first-time drug offenders into intensively monitored recovery programs rather than to jail...

Comment

I read the whole article and the whole thread. Theft is wrong, whether a lazy DA thinks that way or not.

Weed is illegal in TEXAS. Go to another state if you want it.

Good to know that the police don’t have to follow up on crimes less than $750 on
                            your property.
                            Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 04-18-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X