Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes Me Smile!

A few years ago a friend had taken up bowfishing and wanted to bow hunt also. She is a gorgeous little indian gal 20ish years old named Mary and sweet as can be. I agreed to put her on a bow stand and she showed up with a youth bow and full length arrows with mix and match brodheads. We were headed to one of my best stands when I got a call from a friend that had stuck a buck and wanted help tracking. I got her set up at 3pm and went to help him.

At 4pm, I got a call and couldn't understand the caller. They were making noise like someone in serious distress and then the call dropped. I looked at the number and it was MARY! Scared the crap out of me so I called her back quickly and asked if she was ok. She answered and it went something like this..... I-I-I SH-SH-SH-OT A-A D-D-D-Deer! me.,"Did you hit it?" I-I-I Think s-s-o. What kind of deer was it? A Bi-BI-BIg doe. Well did you see where the arrow hit? N-N-N-O. Did you hear it hit? N-N-NO What did the deer do? It-IT-IT J-J-Just fell over I-I-IM dizzy! Are you sitting down? N-N-No. Well SIT DOWN! Im ten minutes away.

When I walked in, I met her coming up the tail literally leaping for joy! I went out there and sure enough, she had drilled a tender nubbin buck. Its one of my all time favorite hunting adventures. She was shaking from head to toe. That's what bowhunting is all about.

I actually think her fellow is a TBHer.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Makes Me Smile!

A few years ago a friend had taken up bowfishing and wanted to bow hunt also. She is a gorgeous little indian gal 20ish years old named Mary and sweet as can be. I agreed to put her on a bow stand and she showed up with a youth bow and full length arrows with mix and match brodheads. We were headed to one of my best stands when I got a call from a friend that had stuck a buck and wanted help tracking. I got her set up at 3pm and went to help him.

At 4pm, I got a call and couldn't understand the caller. They were making noise like someone in serious distress and then the call dropped. I looked at the number and it was MARY! Scared the crap out of me so I called her back quickly and asked if she was ok. She answered and it went something like this..... I-I-I SH-SH-SH-OT A-A D-D-D-Deer! me.,"Did you hit it?" I-I-I Think s-s-o. What kind of deer was it? A Bi-BI-BIg doe. Well did you see where the arrow hit? N-N-N-O. Did you hear it hit? N-N-NO What did the deer do? It-IT-IT J-J-Just fell over I-I-IM dizzy! Are you sitting down? N-N-No. Well SIT DOWN! Im ten minutes away.

When I walked in, I met her coming up the tail literally leaping for joy! I went out there and sure enough, she had drilled a tender nubbin buck. Its one of my all time favorite hunting adventures. She was shaking from head to toe. That's what bowhunting is all about.

I actually think her fellow is a TBHer.

This is my favorite yet! All of those big deer, but this is what's it's all about. First deer stories are always the best.

Comment

I agree I may corn a spot for a month for one perfect hunt. I fed 5 tons last year.
        How do you do this without the hogs finding it? Once the hogs find the corn the deer are pretty much gone where I hunt here in ETX.

Comment

Originally posted by TaDow View Post
          How do you do this without the hogs finding it? Once the hogs find the corn the deer are pretty much gone where I hunt here in ETX.
          I work on the hogs hard in off season but I do occationally have problems with spots that are corned long term. In most cases though, im corning a spot just a few days right where the deer is traveling. Hogs cost me several arrows last year.

Comment

I work on the hogs hard in off season but I do occationally have problems with spots that are corned long term. In most cases though, im corning a spot just a few days right where the deer is traveling. Hogs cost me several arrows last year.
            Yes I understand about the arrow cost with hogs lol. I just get frustrated with our hog problem cause it just seems that hand corn isn't a option for me

Comment

Yes I understand about the arrow cost with hogs lol. I just get frustrated with our hog problem cause it just seems that hand corn isn't a option for me
              You might try a couple of hog wire pens.

Comment

All my feeders are in pens....what do you think about hand horn in a pen with no feeder?

Comment

All my feeders are in pens....what do you think about hand horn in a pen with no feeder?
                  That's what I was saying. I have a spot like that and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by capn View Post
                    This is my favorite yet! All of those big deer, but this is what's it's all about. First deer stories are always the best.
                    I hope to get mine this year! First season deer hunting.

Comment

These stories will certainly get you pumped up for deer season. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Others have said it....this is why I joined TBH. It brings me back to the old kitchen table sitting around listening to my Dad and Uncles telling these same type stories. Awesome, just awesome, thanks!

Comment

Great stories! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

......with a trap door and a trip wire in an area you don't plan to hunt!

Comment

That's what I was saying. I have a spot like that and it works fine.
                              I'll give it a shot....really don't have much to loose. Thanks for the help

Comment

Thanks for sharing all these stories. I am really enjoying reading them.

Comment

Working...
                                X