KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    Which side of Centerville are you located in? We bought 29 acres between centerville and Flynn last year. Full of does, couple young bucks, and some pigs. Haven't seen a mature buck yet though
    10 miles east of town on hwy 7. It's hard hunting. The guys on the west side of 45 seem to have better and more deer.

Comment

Great stuff Chew. I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing the smiles on those kids faces as they enjoy the outdoors at the KCA Ranch.

Good luck this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        10 miles east of town on hwy 7. It's hard hunting. The guys on the west side of 45 seem to have better and more deer.
        Gotcha. I grew up hunting centerville. Our main place was actually just south of town bordered 45 on the east side by the overpass just south of centerville. We had that place for 20+ years. The entrance gate was actually off the rodeo pen / show barn just at the city limits.

Had another spot 3 miles west of centerville on 7 that was loaded with deer (40+ seen in a hunt before), but nothing too great. This was back before trail cams.

My place is 7 miles SW of centerville, but like I said its a petting zoo of does and scrub bucks. Just going to keep feeding and establishing it for a place to take my toddler when hes older.

Comment

Good hunt this evening. Saw a doe, yearling and a nice group of hogs. Passed on the stanky arse boar and shot a 100 lb sow. First critter with the wasp jakhammers.

Pig was quartered towards me more than I thought but the 3 bladed JH destroyed the lungs.

Walked back to camp and got my 4 wheeler and Daisy the Catahoula. Put her on the bloody arrow and held on for dear life to the 15' lead as she dragged me through some crazy brush. She never slowed down til she was chewing on a hog ear.

Got it back to camp and cleaned up in time for a few adult beverages.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the porkage!

First with a Jack-hammer?
              Them suckers been out a long time to just now try them out.
              They's hard to beat.
              Looks like they still puttin a hurtin on em too.

I got to go hang out on some Centerville land last weekend.
              1/2 of the place (looked like a couple hundred acres) wasn't hunted because it wasn't "cleared yet".
              Box blinds on field edges with feeders out away from tree line.
              I'm staring at the thick stuff drooling...... "that's where you wanna be".
              Last edited by DaveC; 11-06-2021, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                Congrats on the porkage!

First with a Jack-hammer?
                Them suckers been out a long time to just now try them out.
                They's hard to beat.
                Looks like they still puttin a hurtin on em too.

I got to go hang out on some Centerville land last weekend.
                1/2 of the place (looked like a couple hundred acres) wasn't hunted because it wasn't "cleared yet".
                Box blinds on field edges with feeders out away from tree line.
                I'm staring at the thick stuff drooling...... "that's where you wanna be".
                Yessir. Decided to give them a try after seeing all the success Casey and Michael have with them I'm their video hunts.

Comment

Back at it this morning. 3 fairly close rifle shots in the last 15 minutes. Nothing here.

Comment

Good luck from a tree in Nebraska!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Back at it this morning. 3 fairly close rifle shots in the last 15 minutes. Nothing here.
                      Good luck Bobby and congrats again on the swine kill. Daisy girl done good too! 👍

Comment

Congrats on the pig and good luck! Pretty woods!

Comment

Good Luck Bobby!

Comment

Congrats on the hog Bobby! Hope ya get all of them piglet produce-n females. Then the boars will maybe move on? I doubt it. But it's nice to dream, right?

Comment

Congrats on the bow kill, Bobby. I love those Jak-Hammers. That are nasty on a critter.

Comment

Thanks guys. Good times. Still in the stand but I think my nipples are frozen.

Comment

Working...
                                X