The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Scroll down about 5-6 icons on the main menu page. It’ll say WiFi. Click on it once and it’ll activate. It’ll only stay activated as long as the unit is on. Once the unit is turned off and turned back on again the WiFi will be off again.
    This is the answer. You have to turn it on every time because it uses a lot more power to run the wifi module in the scope.

Also, be sure you're using the brand new Stream Vision 2 app, not the original version if you have a Thermion 2. That will solve any connection issues.

Comment

Any word at the price point of the new 640 IRay that is in field testing?

I dont know the name, but it is very small and compact and can be used as a scope, clip on or helmet mounted?

I been impressed with Iray so far and may flip my Reap for this new scope or the Nvsion 35X

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

I dont know the name, but it is very small and compact and can be used as a scope, clip on or helmet mounted?

I been impressed with Iray so far and may flip my Reap for this new scope or the Nvsion 35X
        If you hunt in humidity much at all that Nvision is a huge upgrade to the REAP. My only complaints about Trijicon is they seem to suffer the most in humid conditions. The Nvisions seem to suffer the least from my experience at least. We don’t get a ton of humid days out here west, but we had a very wet spring this year.

Comment

If you hunt in humidity much at all that Nvision is a huge upgrade to the REAP. My only complaints about Trijicon is they seem to suffer the most in humid conditions. The Nvisions seem to suffer the least from my experience at least. We don’t get a ton of humid days out here west, but we had a very wet spring this year.
          That is what I hear also! Gonna start looking for the best cash deal I can find on a 35x soon and flip my Reap.

Comment

Scroll down about 5-6 icons on the main menu page. It’ll say WiFi. Click on it once and it’ll activate. It’ll only stay activated as long as the unit is on. Once the unit is turned off and turned back on again the WiFi will be off again.

It would help if I read the first page of the instructions.

Also what is with the two batteries? One being a little longer? I’m guessing a backup battery and one with a longer run time?

Somebody mentioned picking up A backup so I was expecting only one internal and one additional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Also what is with the two batteries? One being a little longer? I’m guessing a backup battery and one with a longer run time?

Somebody mentioned picking up A backup so I was expecting only one internal and one additional.

The longer battery last longer, and it’s more desirable by far. Typically when I hunt it’s sun down to sun up. In the summer I can get away with one larger battery and the internal battery sometimes. I sometimes start using a second external battery, but never use very much of it. In the winter out here I’ll go through 3 external batteries and the internal battery though. The cold eats up battery life.

Comment

The longer battery last longer, and it’s more desirable by far. Typically when I hunt it’s sun down to sun up. In the summer I can get away with one larger battery and the internal battery sometimes. I sometimes start using a second external battery, but never use very much of it. In the winter out here I’ll go through 3 external batteries and the internal battery though. The cold eats up battery life.
                In regards to the cold eating up batteries. I heard that the guys up north put a hand warmer on their scopes to help combat the cold. Have you happened to try that? If so did it make a difference?

Comment

I got a spare APS3 battery which is the longer battery. I still run the smaller battery first and use the longer battery as a backup since I have a Axion hand held so it would serve as a backup for both in the event that I forgot to turn it off or something weird happened.

I also get this spacer https://apex3d.shop/collections/puls...battery-spacer
                  It allows we to only have to carry around the longer battery cover. This spacer allows you to run the smaller battery in the longer battery cover.

Comment

I have a few questions for y’all if ya don’t mind?

Looking to get back to killing a few pigs around a few places we have here in East Tx. I previously owned an original trail xp38. Loved it. But recently I’ve seen a bunch of different brands and models I have no clue what they are.

That being said, most shots will be 100yds or less and I’m not going to be out till 3a.m chasing swine around. It’s more for just a few hrs of fun and pest control. I don’t want it to be super fuzzy and look like a 60s show, but I’m not looking to get trijicon either.

So I guess my question is, for the money and what I’ll basically be doing, what route would you guys take? If I have to save up a little more than I will but budget is around 4000 or less. Where would my money be best spent and what model/brand?

Comment

Forgot to add, I won’t be recording or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                        I have a few questions for y’all if ya don’t mind?

Looking to get back to killing a few pigs around a few places we have here in East Tx. I previously owned an original trail xp38. Loved it. But recently I’ve seen a bunch of different brands and models I have no clue what they are.

That being said, most shots will be 100yds or less and I’m not going to be out till 3a.m chasing swine around. It’s more for just a few hrs of fun and pest control. I don’t want it to be super fuzzy and look like a 60s show, but I’m not looking to get trijicon either.

So I guess my question is, for the money and what I’ll basically be doing, what route would you guys take? If I have to save up a little more than I will but budget is around 4000 or less. Where would my money be best spent and what model/brand?
                        I think that XP38 would be perfect for a lot of east Texas hunting. That 1.2X base mag would be ideal for thick brush and trees that you find in ETX. I don’t know enough about any current production options in a 1.2-1.6x mag range that fit your budget. The Iray Rico 42mm is a great unit in your budget, but the 4x base mag would be plain miserable under 100 yds.

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

I’m officially hooked after going out for the first time tonight with a thermal.

I saw cows, coyotes, pigs, deer and I swear it was an alpaca[emoji23]. You can see everything with 2x for the most part.

So what mode do y’all like hunting in the most? I was in white hot today and couldn’t see the tin foil on the target during daylight for sighting in so I switched black hot and could pick it up so I left it there.

I’m a newbie so give me some pointers!

Last edited by Black Ice; 10-20-2021, 01:58 AM.

Comment

I’m officially hooked after going out for the first time tonight with a thermal.

I saw cows, coyotes, pigs, deer and I swear it was an alpaca[emoji23]. You can see everything with 2x for the most part.

So what mode do y’all like hunting in the most? I was in white hot today and couldn’t see the tin foil on the target during daylight for sighting in so I switched black hot and could pick it up so I left it there.

I’m a newbie so give me some pointers!

I’m a newbie myself but I like white hot. I feel like I can pickup my targets faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                              I’m a newbie myself but I like white hot. I feel like I can pickup my targets faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              It all depends. I love black hot the most, but in bad conditions white hot helps me pickup targets

When searching for dead pigs I use white hot. Black hot gives me more clarity and ID help

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

It's a 1x optical magnification and pricing hasn't been released but I'd expect to see it around $6,000+. We can't say much else right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X