Dilemma...Advice Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
    I’m not familiar with goat prices, but I can’t imagine 25 goats would kick off very much income. See if you can lease the grazing rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You haven't checked the goat market lately.

Comment

Ditch the feeders and pens. You don't need them to kill deer. Yeah feeders work well, but a natural blind on an established deer run will put venison in the freezer and don't be surprised if you kill your best deer. Hand feed the area when you hunt.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Who wants cabarito for supper. Goats are about as bad as hogs once they find feed.

Comment

Have you talked to the owner to see what his reason is for bringing in goats? Is it for a livestock exemption ? If so maybe work with him to turn it into a wildlife exemption. Or bring in some hives of bees. Try communicating with the owner. If there are no work around the goats put up cattle panels around your protein and alfalfa. Good luck.

Comment

Depending on what kind of goats they are, you need to be sure to use fence material they can't get their heads through the fence. Otherwise you be fishing dead and alive goats out of your feeder pen fencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              If you decide the pen route make sure the squares in your panels are small enough where they can’t get their heads through and then hang up because of there horns or you’ll show up to 12 dead goats at your feeder and every buzzard in the county has set up a mail box. Don’t ask me how I know.
              This for sure, if they have horns. 4x4 mesh goat panels, or 2x4 no climb. I've had a couple goats that could easily clear 40", but most haven't tried. As to the question of how much will the goats eat... they'll eat until it's gone, and possibly bloat and die. I was running a timed feeder for a while for wildlife. The goats got to where they would come running every time the feeder went off.

Comment

Have a man to man talk and depending on the that make decisions from there.

Comment

Working...
                X