No announcement yet.

Dilemma...Advice Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fence out the goats and keep hunting… lots of folks looking for a lease… sounds like other than the goats you have a nice place to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Kill the goats and tell the owner they died ?

I like the way you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Kill the goats and tell the owner they died ?
        Absolutely. Cabrito!

Comment

Just set up another feeder on the other side of the property and fill it with pea gravel, then set it to go off 10 minutes before yours.

Comment

Fence out the goats. Don't worry about fawns.

Comment

I gotta chupacabra you can borrow

Comment

fence it off and throw some alfalfa just out of their reach on the inside of the pen and the problem will fix itself.........

KIDDING dont do that, the goats will get their heads stuck trying to reach the alfalfa and die.

Comment

Cattle suck. Goats and sheep are worse. You can fence em out or kiss your season good bye. Both corn and protein. Before long, if the goats can get to it, they will rush in when the feeder goes off. Good luck!

Comment

Hopefully your goats will move along after you put up a pen; however, we brought in goats many years ago to help with the pasture maintenance and they all jumped over our 40" panels like they were in the Olympics. They knew all feeder locations and became very conditioned to our feeding times. Needless to say, we were not in the goat business long!!

Comment

My goats love corn. I hand feed them at the house when I head to the back to hunt. I have a fence around the feeder to keep them out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        If you decide the pen route make sure the squares in your panels are small enough where they can’t get their heads through and then hang up because of there horns or you’ll show up to 12 dead goats at your feeder and every buzzard in the county has set up a mail box. Don’t ask me how I know.

This is an absolute truth. It’s the reason our land owner doesn’t allow cattle panels unless we also put 2”x3” welded wire either inside or on the outside of the panels to prevent those stupid bastions from commuting goatecide

Comment

I agree with the above, you will learn to curse the little devils.

Fence with panels small enough to keep them out.

Don't worry about the fawns and black buck they'll live.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't goats jump over panels same as deer? Serious question.

Comment

I’m not familiar with goat prices, but I can’t imagine 25 goats would kick off very much income. See if you can lease the grazing rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Offer him more money to put them in someone else’s pasture!

Comment

Working...
                                X