No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread....Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throckmorton is looking good, with all the rain the pastures have stayed green all summer.
    We're seeing some good young deer, no shooter yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
      Throckmorton is looking good, with all the rain the pastures have stayed green all summer.
      Thanks. I was wondering how wet it had been up there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
        If any of yall north Texas guys hunt around Olney or go through there on your way to the lease. Stop by my buddies new store, 3T Meats. Hand cut steaks, all kinds of meat, jarred items and COLD beer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        Can’t wait to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
          Same report here as well

Comment

Hunted yesterday after work in Clay County, watch out the wasps have started swarming I hunted with about 100 in the quad pod with me yesterday lol

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
              Hunted yesterday after work in Clay County, watch out the wasps have started swarming I hunted with about 100 in the quad pod with me yesterday lol
              Good info. That time of year. We hung cattle ear tags in all the blinds a couple of weeks ago. I hope they work as advertised.

Comment

Training them to get in bow range!

Comment

Greatness

Comment

Got skunked for the first time this morning wasn’t quite as cold as the forecast predicted I don’t think. 12 sits so far this season and no red arrow……….. the adventure continues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                      Got skunked for the first time this morning wasn’t quite as cold as the forecast predicted I don’t think. 12 sits so far this season and no red arrow……….. the adventure continues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Cell cams slow early this morning have deer at 4 spots after 9:00.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

Unfortunately I had to get to work :/

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          Good info. That time of year. We hung cattle ear tags in all the blinds a couple of weeks ago. I hope they work as advertised.
                          Ear tags work pretty good. These seem to work even better for wasps and spiders and such....

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

Just in the last couple days we are starting to see deer at feeders during legal shooting hours but only does so far - our handful of shooter bucks are still hitting feeders at night. Hopefully I can catch one at one of my set-ups away from the feeders. Bucks still running together as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Ear tags work pretty good. These seem to work even better for wasps and spiders and such....

https://smile.amazon.com/Hot-Shot-No...81&sr=8-3&th=1
                              We have used those too Shane. They do work well. We cut them in two to get them in all the blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                Just in the last couple days we are starting to see deer at feeders during legal shooting hours but only does so far - our handful of shooter bucks are still hitting feeders at night. Hopefully I can catch one at one of my set-ups away from the feeders. Bucks still running together as far as I can tell.
                                The doe are coming to the feeders. Bucks are hit and miss mostly miss at the feeders right now besides the 2-3 year old.

Comment

Working...
                                X