This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 College Football - Week 7

Probably not really much to talk about in CFB circles this week.

Just a reminder, several posts pushed or exceeded the line of what is acceptable here last week. Quite a few posts got a little personal, regardless of how many asterisks you used. Let's clean that up.
    My Flickr Photos

I am really looking forward to see how this Texas team responds. They responded well after the Arkansas loss, so I am expecting them to come out guns blazing this week and put on a show. This is Texas big recruiting weekend, so the benefit of the 11am game is the coaches can hopefully get a win and then spend the afternoon with the recruits and their families.

I am working through the stages of grief over the loss, but I am came to the conclusion that the 1st half is what Texas could look like, and the second half is were Texas is right now. Texas is sitting 4-2 through 6 games and that is about the spot that most people had them pegged. There was a great article about the game and it basically stated that Saturday was the 1st day on the job for Sark at Texas. He knows now what the level the program needs to be and his job moving forward is to get it there. I agree, its the second half of the season and they need to get on a good run.

Comment

Gig ‘em.

Comment

SEC Shorts

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_uOOGWMZfY"]SEC Shorts - Alabama needs an ambulance - YouTube[/ame]
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hilarious^^

Comment

Edit, already posted.

I love College Football
            Last edited by James; 10-11-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 7

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                I am really looking forward to see how this Texas team responds. They responded well after the Arkansas loss, so I am expecting them to come out guns blazing this week and put on a show. This is Texas big recruiting weekend, so the benefit of the 11am game is the coaches can hopefully get a win and then spend the afternoon with the recruits and their families.

I am working through the stages of grief over the loss, but I am came to the conclusion that the 1st half is what Texas could look like, and the second half is were Texas is right now. Texas is sitting 4-2 through 6 games and that is about the spot that most people had them pegged. There was a great article about the game and it basically stated that Saturday was the 1st day on the job for Sark at Texas. He knows now what the level the program needs to be and his job moving forward is to get it there. I agree, its the second half of the season and they need to get on a good run.

The article was a solid write up from the finger.

If the remaining teams want to give the Texas defense fits, just run counter. They can’t defend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Chad C; 10-11-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  I was lucky enough to be on row 15 for the Bama game. Kyle Field was on Fire, Amazing Experience.

Seth Small’s family watching him nail the game winning field goal vs Alabama. One of my favorite shots of the night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cameron_w...62437481734148

Casey beat ya too it in the previous thread

Comment

Frogs RUSHED for 400yds last week against a horrible Tech team. Defense is still horrendous. They will get embarrassed on National TV this week by OU.

Didn't get to see the TX/OU game but just looking at the box score it appears Riley made adjustments at half and Sark didn't? Would yall agree or something else going on?

Comment

SEC Shorts nailed it again as usual. Not often they get to parody Bama.

Hoping that it’s “on to the next week” for the Aggies and we don’t have a hangover from the Bama win. I want to see more 1st half Calzada and I hope he continues to grow. Defense gave up a lot of yards, but tightened up in the areas that count. “Should” be an easy win against Mizzou, but we have to come to play and not get big-headed over one game.

Some interesting matchups this week. Curious to find out if OK State is any good. Should be a good one down in Austin.

BYU coming off a big loss to play Baylor in Waco is intriguing. I still don’t know if Baylor is any good.

Looking to see how Bama responds after the loss going on the road again to play the pirate. I expect Saban gets after it this week and stomps a mudhole in Starkville.

Kentucky at Georgia is either going to be a Georgia beat down or a heck of a ballgame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post

I agree 100%. Okie Lite is gonna be tough but I am hopeful UT comes out and punches them in the mouth, the entire game.

Hook'em!

Comment

Rip week 6

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Frogs RUSHED for 400yds last week against a horrible Tech team. Defense is still horrendous. They will get embarrassed on National TV this week by OU.

Didn't get to see the TX/OU game but just looking at the box score it appears Riley made adjustments at half and Sark didn't? Would yall agree or something else going on?
                            I felt like Sark abandoned what was working which lead to an abysmal 3rd quarter. Texas could not stop the bread and butter counter play which I believe OU averaged over 15 yards per play when they ran it and scored at least 3 late TD's off of it.

The OL still sucks (I'm tired of seeing unblocked defenders) and the Defense is garbage as the tackling woes continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                              Gig ‘em.

This X100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X