X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie Ray’s Smokehouse
    Elm Mott, Tx

Comment

Rhodes bros Taxidermy and Meat processing in Kerrville.
      Hard to find more honest people making great cuts, sausage, jerky and other specialties with top quality service.
      Last edited by Tony Pic; 10-06-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
        Republic Butcher Co- Round Rock.

Matt does a great job.

Mable habanero breakfast sausage is legit. Since he doesn't batch process its easy to ask for adjustments. Little more garlic, hotter etc.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
        Been looking for a new place in the Austin area. Going to have to try these guys out. I’ve used Hudson’s, Klein’s, and Hunter’s creek.

Comment

Bayco’s in Seymour has never done me wrong.

Comment

M&M Lampasas

Had a few done here. Solid! Can also pick up some prime steaks for the grill if need be.

Comment

I dropped an entire doe off at klein’s smokehaus in Boerne last year to be made in to dried sausage. The flavor was good but it was obvious they didn’t spend much time cleaning the meat up. Because of that I haven’t eaten much of it. Probably won’t use them again.

I’ve used BonTon Meat Market in Uhland and was very pleased with them. I’ve only had dried sausage made there and cleaned/cubed all meat before taking it but it was great dried sausage and everybody that tried it complimented it. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

I believe both places give you your own meat back as long as it’s over ~20#.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                My processor is slow, sometimes sloppy, temperamental when standing for too long, and drinks too much of my beer while he is supposed to be processing.
                But the price is right.
                I know this guy. Been using him for years.

Comment

Another vote for Bellville Meat Market. Its not cheap but that chipotle sausage and summer sausage cant be beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
                    My favorite Klemkes in Slaton (near Lubbock) burned down a few years ago. Last year I used Fortsons in Waco and they were pretty good. Sub'd to hear other suggestions though. Always hard to find someone on a Sunday night when I need it.
                    Man they had good jerky and sausage. Post stopped accepting deer too. As far as I know spur I'd the only place in the area with a legit processor now but havnt tried it yet.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Arnold's in Hempstead is who Ive been using the last two years. Very good, lots of variety to choose from as well. I typically split my meat into sausage, snack sticks and boudin. I trim and debone all my meat before taking it in so I know Im not getting junk back. Cernock's in Rosenberg is really good as well. They dont vacuum seal so I stop going there.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                        Man they had good jerky and sausage. Post stopped accepting deer too. As far as I know spur I'd the only place in the area with a legit processor now but havnt tried it yet.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
                        There is a new place in Lubbock. Hasn't been open long, but I'm gonna give them some business.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shaness View Post
                          Here are my recommends and some questions I have.

I've been using Kuby's in Dallas (good experiences for me to date), Ye Ole Butcher Shoppe in Plano, Fischer's in Muenster as my go to's in North Texas. These are all very good.

I'm wondering if anyone here has used Hirsch's Meat Market in Plano?

Looks like I need to try Cinnamon Creek Ranch in Roanoake based on their reviews from 2016.

I have not tried Bayco's in Seymour but have heard nothing but good things.

A friend from DFW area is looking for something near Waco. Sounds like Forston's was a good choice 5 years ago. Let him know about recommendations for JT's in Stephenville as well.
                          Fortsons in Robinson (Waco) is great. Rob does a great job, good turnaround. Highly recommend. He’s a great guy, honest, and on the plus side they do a really good job with their taxidermy work as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                            I've been using juniors for about 7 years and it has gone down hill the last couple years. Let me know how Tuttles turns out. I'm looking for a new place to get sausage made.

Tuttle’s is top notch. Cody and Matt have continued the family tradition there and haven’t missed a beat. We’ve been using Tuttle’s for 50+ years, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JACK750 View Post
                              Stonewall Smokehouse in Stonewall Tx. Awesomeness!!
                              They do an awesome job. Their dry sausage is the best around aside from homemade.

Comment

Just dont ever take anything to Crowell for processing. I took a deer there last year because I didnt have time to do it myself, and the meat stinks very badly when I thaw it out. My friend took 6 deer there, and so far half of his has been very stinky as well. I think one of their coolers probably went out, and they gave the meat out anyway. So, I wasted $150 and wasted a day of going to pick it up and driving back home....never again

Comment

Working...
                                X