No announcement yet.

Deer Processors: The Good, Bad and Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d used Juniors in Wharton the last 3 years. 2 years ago, the link sausage had a different taste to it. Pan, and summer sausage still tasted great! Last year, pan, link, and summer sausage all tasted like they’d been made out of an old ruttin buck. Definitely not the little ol doe I’d taken them. Very disappointed.

This year I plan on taking any to Tuttles in Woodsboro. A friend has been taking his their for years and hasn’t had an issue.

Comment

Bellville Meat Market. The sweet chipotle garlic sausage is **** good. Heard good things about the basic Italian sausage too

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        I’d used Juniors in Wharton the last 3 years. 2 years ago, the link sausage had a different taste to it. Pan, and summer sausage still tasted great! Last year, pan, link, and summer sausage all tasted like they’d been made out of an old ruttin buck. Definitely not the little ol doe I’d taken them. Very disappointed.

This year I plan on taking any to Tuttles in Woodsboro. A friend has been taking his their for years and hasn’t had an issue.
        I've been using juniors for about 7 years and it has gone down hill the last couple years. Let me know how Tuttles turns out. I'm looking for a new place to get sausage made.

Comment

Timely post. I do most of my own but want to have some processed this year.

How about a list of processors that actually give you your meat back on ground products?

Comment

I always take some meat over to Vincek's in East Bernard to make into sausage. Been happy with them.

Comment

Buesing Processing in Westhoff, TX 77994.

Owner: Chris Buesing

Comment

Bellville Meat Market. Get it jalepeno, dirty rice, and cayenne. Absolute fire.

Comment

My cousin's place in Poolville is Dry Creek Wild Game Processing. Honest, hard working dude that does a great job.

Comment

I've used Hunters Choice in Sanger for several years! The owners and staff are all great to work with!
                    I know several people that drive well out of there way to use them.

There was a place in Wise County that was busted for allowing customers meat to rot. There name is Backyard Taxidermy & Processing.

There was also a few other processors around the state that got in trouble for letting meat rot so make sure you do your research and read review!
                    Last edited by Shake N' Bake; 10-06-2021, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                      Primo Processing in Hondo is my top pick. All of the below are also good, some have better items than others.

Ottea's in San Antonio.
                      Koepp's in New Braunfels.
                      Granzin's in New Braunfels.
                      Penshorn's in Marion.
                      I've historically done my own but have gotten lazy in the last couple years and Ottea's is only a few miles away. I've been pleased with them but I will say I don't have much done when I take a deer to processor. Most I get is 5-10 hotlinks and then keep big muscles whole and grind everything else. That gives me options when it comes time to cook and keeps the price down. When you go start having jerky and snack sticks and sausage made, that prices goes through the roof.

Comment

I've done my own for years but last year had more than I had time to handle so took them to Kleins Smoke House in Boerne. I would call them just Ok. Meat came back a little gamey which never happens when I do it myself. If I need a processor this year I'd consider them again but wouldn't say they are any better than any others and I'm sure there are worse places.

Comment

Still cannot bring myself to Pay someone to process mine. I really enjoy processing it and can make whatever I want, I utilize the entire deer and make roast, steaks, smoked sausage, fresh sausage and pan sausage. Nothing goes to waste..
                          Also process my brother-in-laws deer as well. Guess I am doing something right, haven't had any complaints..

Comment

Republic Butcher Co- Round Rock.

Matt does a great job.

Mable habanero breakfast sausage is legit. Since he doesn't batch process its easy to ask for adjustments. Little more garlic, hotter etc.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Odoms in mount enterprise…

Comment

Fischer's and Hess both in Muenster do a good job but more important they will sell their sausage mix to you so you can do your own.

Comment

Working...
                                X