Deer Processors: The Good, Bad and Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Processors: The Good, Bad and Ugly

Found a thread from 2016 with great recommendations - could not find one general thread that was more recent.

Please post all of your favorites across Texas and any that need to be avoided as well.

I use Hunters Choice in Sanger. They do a great job and their breakfast sausage is the best I have had. I also have used Old Plantation Meats in Springtown. They do a really good job as well. Not a fan at all of Kubys in Dallas. Went there one time and the meat tasted horrible. Wound up throwing it all away.

Comment

Owens in Ballinger...They do a great job.

Comment

JT's in Stephenville great people great products and reasonable prices been using for over 10 years

Comment

I'm gonna process my own this year unless its a Wall Hanger so I can get him caped. That being said I have never had a problem with and have always recommended Whitakers in Iowa Park. If it's not to far of a drive though Bayco in Seymour is know around here as the Best!

Comment

It got so bad in the last couple of years I am doing my own. I get a great product at much less cost. I took advantage of big discounts during Covid to buy my equipment. In it for less than $600. 2.5hp stainless grinder, stainless mixer, and a stainless stuffer. Pan sausage costs me about $.45/lb. Link is $1.00/lb without cheese. Cheese adds another $1.00/lb. Sometimes need some pork fat or brisket which can add to prices too.

Comment

My favorite Klemkes in Slaton (near Lubbock) burned down a few years ago. Last year I used Fortsons in Waco and they were pretty good. Sub'd to hear other suggestions though. Always hard to find someone on a Sunday night when I need it.

Comment

Primos in Hondo is great.

Comment

Bellville Meat Market in Bellville or Arnold’s in Hempstead.

Comment

Stonewall Smokehouse in Stonewall Tx. Awesomeness!!

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
                      JT's in Stephenville great people great products and reasonable prices been using for over 10 years
                      I`ll agree with JT`s being great. Been using them since they opened along with lots of my friends and family.

Comment

Primo Processing in Hondo is my top pick. All of the below are also good, some have better items than others.

Ottea's in San Antonio.
                        Koepp's in New Braunfels.
                        Granzin's in New Braunfels.
                        Penshorn's in Marion.

Comment

Joshua Deer Processing. Joshua, TX. Excellent!

Comment

Here are my recommends and some questions I have.

I've been using Kuby's in Dallas (good experiences for me to date), Ye Ole Butcher Shoppe in Plano, Fischer's in Muenster as my go to's in North Texas. These are all very good.

I'm wondering if anyone here has used Hirsch's Meat Market in Plano?

Looks like I need to try Cinnamon Creek Ranch in Roanoake based on their reviews from 2016.

I have not tried Bayco's in Seymour but have heard nothing but good things.

A friend from DFW area is looking for something near Waco. Sounds like Forston's was a good choice 5 years ago. Let him know about recommendations for JT's in Stephenville as well.

Comment

My processor is slow, sometimes sloppy, temperamental when standing for too long, and drinks too much of my beer while he is supposed to be processing.
                              But the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X