No announcement yet.

Poison Ivey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a standing sponge bath Bleach and cool - Cold water, wash every where.put your clothes directly in washer. Bleach soap and hot water

Comment

It seems I've tried everything described above....even the steroids barely phase it....I swear it's my kryptonite....that tecnu does keep it from spreading

Comment

The best thing to keep in your truck if your hunting or working in areas that have it is the waterless orange hand scrub you get at auto parts store or tractor supply. It removes oil and have the pumice in it for scrubbing. If I even think I’ve got into it I scrub myself down before I get in my truck.
        Make sure you wipe everything down with a degreaser cleaner like your stand and the inside of your truck. That oil will stay in any surface it has touched for a while.

Comment

I'm not so sure that's poison ivy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
            I'm not so sure that's poison ivy.
            I would treat it as such to be on the safe side

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
              Technu wash
              THIS!!!! works great for taking the oils off and reducing the symptoms

Comment

That stuff is my cryptonite. I have to go to the doc and get a shot then take a 6 day zpack.

Comment

Def Faster pussycat !

Comment

Thanks for all the info, I did have some Technu in the truck and used it on all exposed areas. It's been about 36 hours since exposed and nothing yet, but it usually takes a couple days for me to start feeling the effects. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboe View Post
                      Thanks for all the info, I did have some Technu in the truck and used it on all exposed areas. It's been about 36 hours since exposed and nothing yet, but it usually takes a couple days for me to start feeling the effects. We'll see.
                      Then so far so good, maybe that Technu in your truck was the game changer. Good luck, hope you don’t show any symptoms now.

Comment

Update...
                        I only had a minor reaction to the poison ivy.
                        Never had to go to the Dr. and never had to take anything for it.
                        Not sure if it was the Tecnu that kept it under control (pretty sure it was...) or not, but at this point I'm sold on the stuff!

Comment

If I get it, I’m doomed!! I don’t get a mild case of it. Lately if I get it I just go get a steroid shot, but you can only have so many of those a year. Try my best to avoid it, best I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboe View Post
                            Update...
                            I only had a minor reaction to the poison ivy.
                            Never had to go to the Dr. and never had to take anything for it.
                            Not sure if it was the Tecnu that kept it under control (pretty sure it was...) or not, but at this point I'm sold on the stuff!
                            Glad it turned out this way for you. I need to go stock up on Technu now.

Comment

I’ve never got a rash from poison Ivey, when I was a kid my mom use to get it so bad from washing my clothes she would have to make a trip to the Dr.

Comment

Try this soap if you think you got in it or get blisters.

Poisonivysoap.com
                                I’m a noob so I can’t post the actual link.

Wife found it for me after a particularly bad bout in all the wrong places. It is like magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X