No announcement yet.

Poison Ivey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you did not pee after you climbed down!

Comment

I was 10 years old when I learned what poison Ivy was. Coon hunting with my dad and uncles and being Christmas time and eating all them sweets and fruits and the walking in the woods stimulated a monster bowel movement and guess what? No reach back paper so Dad told me to just grab some leaves and be quick about it. The next month and a half was not the most pleasant time of my life. Coppers water and calamine lotion several times a day and I finally quit drag my butt across the floor like a dawg with worms.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        I hope you did not pee after you climbed down!
        This. This is the most important post

Comment

A lot of feed stored will carry poison ivy soap it’s a small bar but well worth the money I been using it for years it works just remember you can never wash to much lol

Comment

I did the same thing as you and now have it in my face and around my eye.

Lesson learned to check the leaves before you climb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My sister just got over the worst case I have ever seen. 2 weeks in hell.

3 trips to the Dr. and many shots and pills................

Comment

If if had berries, good chance it was sumac which is worse than poison ivy for me. I am highly allergic to all that stuff. Seems like it just jumps on me. What I have found that works best for me is something called Tecnu. You can get it at walmart or any place like CVS or Walgreens. Use a washcloth and scrub the area you are concerned about and then rinse the area very good. I can feel it coming on before you can see anything. It helps me a lot. Give it a try.

Comment

Poison Ivey?

Comment

Prednisone is your friend if you get it !!!!

Comment

Dawn or fast orange hand cleaner and SCRUB ---Repeat -----Repeat.

Comment

Go ahead and make a dr appointment for a steroid shot and some prescription cream. Follow that with a steroid pack and you’ll be fine

Comment

Zanfel. The thing over the counter. 40 dollars a tube of greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            Wash your clothes and climbing harness/rope/etc....in VERY HOT water with extra rince, 3 times.
                            X2, don’t overlook doing this. That poison ivy urushiol oil gets on everything and stays on and it will get you later.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivershack21 View Post
                              A lot of feed stored will carry poison ivy soap it’s a small bar but well worth the money I been using it for years it works just remember you can never wash to much lol
                              This is what I use. Works really well

Comment

Technu wash

Comment

Working...
                                X