Remington Rifle identification Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this used, but trying to figure out what the heck it really is. Based on picture, no markings to find date of manufacture or action type. Looks to be a 700 style and might be a 99-01 since no letter code. I’ll try APR @Stick1 as it has their barrel on it but overall just blowing my mind. Need barrel threaded anyways so will take a trip back to APR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-7 would refer to a Model 7. Haven’t seen a Model 7 Tactical before, but that doesn’t really mean anything. I’ll say if that is indeed a 7 leave it in that stock, and don’t change anything. Parts are a complete PITA. I’ve made that mistake once.

Comment

How much do you want for it

Comment

Looks like a trued remington 700 with some aftermarket work done possibly. Bolt handle is similar to a Stiller tac30 but body is not.

I bet Robert will know.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Internet search of m-7 tactical only brings up the for sale listings for this gun.

In for details.

Comment

Contact Remington with serial number and questions?

Comment

Pretty sure that was a stripped factory Remington Model Seven action. I remember them being sold by Rem around 2015-2018 ??? as the actions had no bottom metal or trigger. B/C the action was "non-designated" the action could be built as a pistol or rifle.

They became available when Remington manufactured to many actions for AAC and these were leftover. Prices were around $299-$325 depending on who was selling. Those actions were parkerized and stamped Model 7 .300 Blackout . GS's would mill out the 300 BO chamber designation if customer decided to build something else ... .223, 20 TAC, 5.56, 17 Fireball, 20 Practical, 222, 6.5 TCU, etc... The APR barrel will have the cartridge stamped on it. Looks like the bolt body was diamond fluted, and a custom handle was welded on. Because of the original .378" boltface, it is likely chambered for a cartridge in the 223 family.

edit: some of the actions (port side) had the AAC logo on it

prior to milling, the action probably looked like this one
              Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-28-2021, 10:50 AM. Reason: pictures added

Comment

Still need to call APR to see if they have specs but agree that looks like a 7 and modified as stated above. Well to my surprise the rifle is already threaded as APR is so good at the blended thread protector it almost alluded me. I could just see the embarrassment of me going to APR to get it threaded and they just unscrew it in my face [emoji23]. Well now to find some manbun ammo and off to the range.

Comment

It’s chambered in 6.5 CM ? Bolt face was opened and an M16 or Sako extractor was installed

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    It’s chambered in 6.5 CM ? Bolt face was opened and an M16 or Sako extractor was installed

Yes, seems like you have done this change before.

Comment

Well now i know who outbid me congratulations i hope she shoots well

Comment

Just compared mine, the rear receiver bridge is too short in the picture to be a 700...It looks like a 7..But that's an unusual rear mount, it has only one screw unless it was modified. Model 7's only had one rear screw, so mostly used one piece bases..
                        Last edited by softpoint; 09-28-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Learning all kinds of stuff in this thread

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                            Just compared mine, the rear receiver bridge is too short in the picture to be a 700...It looks like a 7..But that's an unusual rear mount, it has only one screw unless it was modified. Model 7's only had one rear screw, so mostly used one piece bases..
                            Not sure when they changed early ones used only one screw for the rear base but later they were drilled for two screws very close together

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                              Not sure when they changed early ones used only one screw for the rear base but later they were drilled for two screws very close together
                              Didn't know that, but the newest model 7 I have is over 10 years old. That rear receiver bridge certainly looks like a 7, from what i see.

Comment

Working...
                              X