No announcement yet.

Favorite production hunting knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KOA makes a great product right here in Grayson County Texas.

Comment

Knives of Alaska Cub Bear or the Knives of Alaska Jaeger

Comment

Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter
        Attached Files

Comment

I've got a duffel bag full of knives and always end up with the KOA Whitetail Hunter on my belt. This thing's done everything I could ever want. I use the gut hook to build brush blinds and it's broken down literal tons of antelope and deer from head to toe in the field without sharpening.
          Attached Files

Comment

I usually use a folder Buck PBS the early ones for a fixed blade production i have a Case 4 inch skinner i like. I am surprised at how many people say Knives of Alaska.

Comment

I have using a knife made by Western out of Boulder Colorado for the last several years. It was made in the early fifties. I got it after my Grandpa died. I loved the feel of it and it would stay sharp for a good long while. Unfortunately the handle was stacked leather and has started deteriorating and coming apart so it looks like I won't be using it any more. I will go back to using the Schrade sharp finger I've had for 30 years.

Comment

Anything Buck, bought my first when I was 10, still have it, 53 years old.

Second, Cutco.

Comment

That fixed blade buck with the rubber handle is hard to beat! I've had the Zipper for 15 years.

I also have the fixed blade Cutco non-serrated version. I like it a lot as well.

Comment

I like these Boker knives.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                      OK green screen, a little market research here. What's your favorite hunting knife that fits these criteria: Production, not custom. Fixed blade, not folding. Regular blade, not replaceable.
                      Most of the men in my family has this particular style case knives.
                      case xx 5 finn stag fixed blade from 1965-1969 - measures 4 1/4" blade 7 3/4" overall. They are hard to find - maybe an estate sale or EBay.
                      Attached Files

Comment

for small work, I use those new razor blade knives.
                        My Buck Vanguard is my all-time go-to knife.

Comment

Schrade PH1 gets used a lot.

Cheap little knife they no longer make but I have cleaned and skinned quite a few hogs and some deer with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                            Most of the men in my family has this particular style case knives.
                            case xx 5 finn stag fixed blade from 1965-1969 - measures 4 1/4" blade 7 3/4" overall. They are hard to find - maybe an estate sale or EBay.
                            This is what I referenced in my post. The perfect hunting knife IMO.

Comment

AG Russell drop point hunter for me

Comment

I bought a set of Browning knives a long time ago. They are still the first out of my pack. They stay sharp and have done a lot of work over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X