Anyone shooting a clicker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shooting a clicker?

I bought one but have not placed it on my bow yet. I am new at shooting stickbows (6 months) and I think it may help me become more consistent with my draw. I listen to the Push podcasts and they talk about it a lot so curious about what y'all think.

I've also thought about purchasing the P.A.C.K online class from Push archery. Any one else try it?

I made a clicker. Works well. Always shot one for oly pic so the transition was natural for me.

Comment

I have been working with Tom Clum Sr and Tommy and Danny for several years. Spent several nights talking trash and shooting with them in Golden too. The clicker is simply a tool, and it can do several things for you. Draw stop check, rotational check, etc.

With that said, I'd buy the course first and then go from there. Your clicker won't do you any good unless you have it set up properly for your shot. And Tom does a great job of setting you up for a correct alignment first, then a shot sequence. Most everyone I have ever seen has serious trouble getting inside of the string. Meaning, getting your string arm and especially your elbow in correct alignment. Our job as archers is to let that bow and arrow do exactly what it is meant to do. Push that string as straight and true through the nock end of that arrow as possible. Ideally, at the exact same draw length and with no torque to the bow. We would then just have to learn our trajectory for our elevation, because all windage misses would be taken care of with no torque or alignment issues.

That is the main reason sights, draw stops, sight bubbles, etc were invented. More points of reference to make a truly repeatable shot.

With that said, I'd buy the course and THEN just maybe use the clicker. I put one on and hate the thing!!! Not just because of the sound or string getting caught, but the amount of effort it makes you put into each shot. It is NOT an enjoyable practice of flinging arrows, but it makes me better. And if you take this thing into being a precision sport, which it probably should be, then the HARD practice will make you much better than simply playing with your buddies and flinging arrows.

Comment

I used a clicker 35 years ago when I was shooting indoor competition. Like mentioned above the clicker needs to be installed properly.

The clicker is a very useful tool that can really help when it is installed and used properly.

Six moths in, I'd recommend working on a proper shot sequence. There are some top-notch coaches that can help you get started. There are even some people here that can help you get started on the right foot.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
          I have been working with Tom Clum Sr and Tommy and Danny for several years. Spent several nights talking trash and shooting with them in Golden too. The clicker is simply a tool, and it can do several things for you. Draw stop check, rotational check, etc.

With that said, I'd buy the course first and then go from there. Your clicker won't do you any good unless you have it set up properly for your shot. And Tom does a great job of setting you up for a correct alignment first, then a shot sequence. Most everyone I have ever seen has serious trouble getting inside of the string. Meaning, getting your string arm and especially your elbow in correct alignment. Our job as archers is to let that bow and arrow do exactly what it is meant to do. Push that string as straight and true through the nock end of that arrow as possible. Ideally, at the exact same draw length and with no torque to the bow. We would then just have to learn our trajectory for our elevation, because all windage misses would be taken care of with no torque or alignment issues.

That is the main reason sights, draw stops, sight bubbles, etc were invented. More points of reference to make a truly repeatable shot.

With that said, I'd buy the course and THEN just maybe use the clicker. I put one on and hate the thing!!! Not just because of the sound or string getting caught, but the amount of effort it makes you put into each shot. It is NOT an enjoyable practice of flinging arrows, but it makes me better. And if you take this thing into being a precision sport, which it probably should be, then the HARD practice will make you much better than simply playing with your buddies and flinging arrows.
          I just finished a clinic with Tom (and put a clicker on my bow) and can't recommend him enough! I essentially had to re-learn how to shoot.

I will be buying his online course too.

Comment

A clicker saved archery for me. I've battled target panic for years. Snap shooting and short drawing. It cured all my problems. I highly recommend using one, even if you don't need it. I disassemble mine and tape the base to my upper limb, reassemble it and place tape on the clicker to silence it for hunting.

Comment

Does anyone know TBoT’s position on them?

When I shot trad I used one to practice with then disconnected it for tournaments. I personally shoot significantly better with the clicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ive been experimenting with both a grip sear and a clicker. They are interesting tools and they seem to work very well at alleviating target panic with the right instruction.

Going to Tom Klum and Joel Turners Immersion clinic in a few weeks so I'm looking forward to learning from those guys as I haven't had a ton of luck with these forms of triggers so far.

Comment

Shot great with a clicker, hatted it on my bow. Now I have a piece of footing I use as a draw check device. I’ll never look back!

Comment

Working...
                  X