X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      Ok, so I did set it and put a video camera on the gate. And I did trap at least 30 pigs and they did exactly what I feared - they jumped it. The little pigs found a shallow spot under the fence and slipped under. I have 4 cameras set up around the food plot and those pigs were in there for 2 hours. None of the photos or video indicate any type of panic.

I had to fix a water line last weekend and was only able to brace the uni-strut from leaning towards the truck tire. I am completely amazed at how quiet this gate drops.

Hopefully... this weekend or Monday I will be able to run a good hot wire around the top and 6-8" from the bottom and reset the trap.

Now I have a wireless Covert camera so I won't have to rush home to check it physically. I'm really happy about that.

Ya was afraid of that. Just over and no sign yet of them lifting the wire going under?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        For those of you sitting on the edge of your seats on this thread (I am, too!) go grab something to drink, watch some football and check back on Monday. I'll at least post some photos of my upgrades.
        Its Monday........

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
          Its Monday........
          its going to take a little more time. those spooked pigs won't approach the existing trap for a long time ...
          Last edited by alien_scones; 01-21-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Bailment. Servicing dealer is on the hook for everything that's missing.

Comment

I knew someone was going to chafe me for not posting yesterday.

Saturday was too dreadful to do anything outside plus I had a bunch of meat to process so I made sausage and jerky all day.

Sunday - heck that was the 3D shoot at Brazos County and I wasn't about to miss it.

Monday - worked cows then Camoquest came over with her son and we finally got to work on it. We were able to run a low hot wire and reinforce some spots but I ran out of wire and clips before we could finish. Keep in mind - this is almost 2 acres. Soooo... we will definitely finish it on Saturday and set it Saturday night.

Trust me - no one wants to set it and catch a trailer load of pigs more than me!

Comment

Any updates

Comment

You're killin' me, Smalls!
                  Any updates?
                  KJ

Comment

Good luck with the next set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anticipation!!!

Comment

The problem with the hotwire is that when they slam into it when the gate drops, they ground it out before it pops them. Have to secure it good so they ground it to the trap when they hit it that first time. If it survives the first hit you should be good. You’re better off with only one hotwire at the top.

Comment

The good:
                          If they don't come back you have kept them out of your food plot.
                          You are entertaining a lot of us.
                          You are learning the flaws in your system.

The bad:
                          You haven't shot a pile of them....yet.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hot wire is up! Let's roll

Comment

As Pistol said, hot wire is up. Wireless camera is up. Deer are eating the corn. The hogs were really close but not close enough to catch the corn. Maybe.... tonight!

I'm very familiar with hot wire and how to make it very effective. All you nay sayers are starting to discourage me!

If this doesn't work we'll find something that does! Like Babe Ruth said, "It's hard to beat a man (or woman ) who won't quit."

Comment

Don't loose hope, they're just pigs. Lol. You'll figure it out. Half the fun is getting there!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X