Traditional FSC Week 2/ 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 2/ 2019

Picture of set-up is almost self-explanatory. (next post)

Shoot 3 arrows -- any stance-- from 15 yards (7 for kids), trying to get 1st arrow in cardboard tube on the left; 2nd arrow is shot at the tube on the right. If you get the first two arrows in the tubes, then, shoot the 3rd arrow at the dot in the middle and measure nearest part of shaft to nearest part of dot as a tie-breaker. If you don't get the first two arrows in their respective tubes, then shoot the 3rd arrow at the right-hand tube.

Measure misses from nearest shaft edge to nearest part of intended tube for a 3-arrow total in case no one hits inside tube.

You can try this up to three times over three days, using the first three shots of each day.

Least arrows used to hit two tubes wins the call for next week. Good luck and have fun!

Here's the set up:
    (That's a paper towel roll cut in half, flanged, and taped down to be fairly perpendicular to 8.5x11 paper taped on cardboard for easier re-use.)

(Will add pic in a minute with phone edit.)
    Last edited by tradtiger; 01-06-2019, 11:06 AM.

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    Picture of set-up is almost self-explanatory.

Shoot 3 arrows -- any stance-- from 15 yards (7 for kids), trying to get 1st arrow in cardboard tube on the left; 2nd arrow is shot at the tube on the right. If you get the first two arrows in the tubes, then, shoot the 3rd arrow at the dot in the middle and measure nearest part of shaft to nearest part of dot as a tie-breaker. If you don't get the first two arrows in their respective tubes, then shoot the 3rd arrow at the right-hand tube.

Measure misses from nearest shaft edge to nearest part of intended tube for a 3-arrow total in case no one hits inside tube.

You can try this up to three times over three days, using the first three shots of each day.

Least arrows used to hit two tubes wins the call for next week. Good luck and have fun!

Here's the set up:
    (That's a paper towel roll cut in half, flanged, and taped down to be fairly perpendicular to 8.5x11 paper taped on cardboard for easier re-use.)

(Will add pic in a minute with phone edit.)
    Pic:

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Target looks like the deadly section of a fem-bot.
      [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zTv9AhCuSU4"]Austin Powers Fembots - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Brilliant, Briar!!

Shoot THEM before THEY shoot you!

Comment

With Briar's Fem-bot image fresh in the mind's eye, I went out and shot.

Of course, I created my own judging quandary. First shot was fine but a tad low (1-3/16"); second shot hit the outside of right-hand tube at the base to actually impact inside the cylinder. I'm ruling against that being a "tube" hit because it didn't enter the front end of the tube. I will call it -1/4" from the tube side. The third arrow was left of the intended RH tube by 3-3/8".

So, Day 1: no tube hits, with total miss measurement of: 4-5/16" (1-3/16" + 3-3/8" -1/4").

This raises the issue of which tube to shoot at if you miss LH tube with #1, then hit RH tube with #2? In that case, shoot at LH tube with arrow #3. Clear?

Last edited by tradtiger; 01-06-2019, 05:05 PM. Reason: spell "quandary" correctly :)

Comment

^^^Nice shooting Tradtiger ^^^^^^

Comment

Thanks, Reb!

Have to say, I was a little thrown off by the way the second arrow hit, leading to some loss of focus on the third shot. Good news is that it allows for clarification that for a "tube" shot, an arrow needs to enter the front opening of the tube. Now, if it does that but sticks out of the side as it hits, it WILL count as a tube hit.

Comment

1st: 4 1/16
                2nd: 1 3/8
                3rd: 5 9/16

Total: 11

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Brilliant, Briar!!

Shoot THEM before THEY shoot you!
                  Shoot and move! Shoot and move!

Good shootin Yall.

Ill build my target later to shoot tomorrow.

Comment

Alright, Reb; come on ahead, Briar!

Comment

Just shot after work. Kind of like 'em: got the RH tube with the 2nd shot; was 3/8" just high on 1st shot at LH tube; 3rd shot was 1-7/8" right of LH tube.
                      So, on Day 2: 1 tube, with a miss total of 2-1/8".

Last edited by tradtiger; 01-07-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

^^^^Setting the bar. Nice shooting Sir^^^

Comment

1st: 1 1/2
                          2nd: 1 3/4
                          3rd: 2 1/4

Total: 5 1/2

Comment

Nice shooting, Reb!

Comment

I hope/think I did this right.