Thoughts on Ram Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
    5.7 hemi is the best motor you can get in half ton...

put the shifter back in the tree and I would buy another

current 2007 ram quad cam 4x4, would drive across the usa...has 165000

If i bought new...I would buy tundra.
    Except for the dreaded "HEMI tick"!!!!
    Google that the next time you get a chance..

Comment

Forgot, I rented a ram 1500 5.7 hemi , when my ford was getting the a/c repair done
      Luckily it was set up with a receiver hitch so trailer was hooked up ASAP, it pulled great, got good mpg “19-21 mpg “ , and was comfortable driving for a week, only thing was hard to get used to was having a shift knob instead of the lever other wise didn’t have any problems for the week, it was dry so didn’t have or need 4x4
      Wife liked it so she gave me the thumbs up on a new 3500 ram diesel as a personal truck
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-12-2020, 10:35 PM.

Comment

You do know that driving a dodge is like banging a fat chick after the bar closes. You might do it but you don't want any buddies to see you.

Comment

I was the same, drove fords all my life. Went to a ram in 05 and haven't looked back. I love mine. I drive a 07 no rattles and my wife drives a 12 same with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            only thing was hard to get used to was having a shift knob instead of the lever
            That was a weird thing to get used to for me too, but after about a week it seemed normal. But what I do love is the extra room in the console that the normal shifter takes up, now i love my knob

My trivial complaint is the key fob. I am constantly locking or hitting the panic button when it is in my pocket by rubbing against things I hate it, that almost never happened w my Toyota I had prior to this one, but at the end of the day shifter dials and key fobs are pretty trivial complaints....lol

Comment

GM guy here but while they were rebuilding my front end (329k miles) I was asking all the mechanics what they thought about the new trucks. All the mechanics drove GM and owner a Ram - lifted and tricked out. They said he drives that cause he has them to work on it! A couple of the key issues were that they have to work on more Ram's and Fords more often than GM's, that the repairs on Ford's were more expensive and then they said the Rams instead of a grease fitting on the ball joints just have an oversized boot - they have to use a grease hypodermic needle (assume it's a horse needle) to inject grease through the boots leaving pinholes in them. Mind you I've not owned anything but GM for about 38 years - all it took was one new Ford truck and I walked away - my Dad was a member of the Ft. Worth model A club and a devout Ford man who finally went to GM as well

Comment

We get a lot of 3/4 and one tons in the shop for work. I’m a GM fan myself, and the Fords that come in are fairly decent (depending on who is abusing them), but man any Dodge truck I get that comes in is just beat up. Hubs go out like crazy, brakes suck, Cummins accessory drives fail like crazy on the 4th gen. trucks. Interiors start falling apart, etc.

Comment

I am a GM man but a good friend at work bought a Ram a couple of years back. Here is the little i know about them. My buddy was a ham radio guy. When he went to run the cables for all of that equipment and noticed that the back seat only had 1/2 the bolts. He took it back to the dealership and they repaired it. After he had it a month or so the tailgate just started falling open when you were driving it. He got that fixed as well. He seemed to like it well enough but he is not a real truck guy. What I mean by that is he would have been just are well off if he had bought a car. He did not haul or use the truck in any significant way. I was only in it a handful of times but it did not really suit me.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                    GM guy here but while they were rebuilding my front end (329k miles) I was asking all the mechanics what they thought about the new trucks. All the mechanics drove GM and owner a Ram - lifted and tricked out. They said he drives that cause he has them to work on it! A couple of the key issues were that they have to work on more Ram's and Fords more often than GM's, that the repairs on Ford's were more expensive and then they said the Rams instead of a grease fitting on the ball joints just have an oversized boot - they have to use a grease hypodermic needle (assume it's a horse needle) to inject grease through the boots leaving pinholes in them. Mind you I've not owned anything but GM for about 38 years - all it took was one new Ford truck and I walked away - my Dad was a member of the Ft. Worth model A club and a devout Ford man who finally went to GM as well
                    If you gave me a new GM truck, I'd sell it and buy (4) broke down Fords and a totaled out Dodge!

The last one I had was the biggest pos I've ever owned!

Comment

I get a new 2500-3500 Ram every 2-3 years. Been doing this since 2010. No major issues with any of them. One had a bad water pump that was covered under warranty. Not sure about the interiors falling about like you will read online. Mine have all held up good. My trucks are daily drivers to ranch trucks. Get used for everything and have all sizes of trailers hooked up almost every weekend.

Comment

I bought a 2011 new and loved it. Put 200K on it.
                        bought the new body style 2019 6 months ago and love it (crew cab w/ Hemi) !

Comment

Love my 2013 Longhorn. Next truck will be another Ram

Comment

On my second Ram 2500. First was a 09 LWB 4x4 with 5.7 Hemi, gas engine. Kept it 9 years. No issues with it, drove it 186K. Now a 2018 LWB 4x4 with 6.2 Hemi, gas engine. No problems at 33K, yet with the 2018. Coworker buys nothing but RAMS but is constantly having them in for something and he buys new like every 18 months to 2 years. Seems like "luck of the draw" on any truck you buy now days. I did notice that all of the local mechanic shop mechanics at one of the shops are all driving Dodge Trucks for their personal vehicles. But that might be more of a purchase price thing.

Comment

Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                                5.7 hemi is the best motor you can get in half ton...

put the shifter back in the tree and I would buy another

current 2007 ram quad cam 4x4, would drive across the usa...has 165000

If i bought new...I would buy tundra.
                                5.7 I-Force has shot that hemi full of holes for many yrs now

Comment

Working...
                                X