No announcement yet.

San Antonio Area Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live an hour south of SA. You can find land 10-15 acres for around 8000-9000 an acre and some pretty nice areas. I am in Real Estate here, if you ever need some help give me a shout.

Comment

Might check out Kerrville. Hill country is spectacular, elevation makes it a touch cooler in summer and wildlife is common. Small town atmosphere but everything you need. 60 miles to downtown S.A. I have lived here 20 years and love it.

Comment

My wife works downtown and we lived in Bulverde Village north of 1604 off 281. That part of 281 is a headache due to the road construction right now. We sold our house there at the start of the summer and moved to Canyon Lake, which is about 1hr drive to downtown depending on which side of the lake you live. Good luck.

Comment

What type of view do you want?

Hill Country?
          South Texas?
          City life or Country?

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            If you think traffic is bad on 35, you should try to drive from Canyon Lake to New Braunfels on either 46 or 306. I used to live off of 306 back in the early and mid 90s, was not too bad, but by the late 90s, it was a whole different story and just keeps getting worse. The whole area is like number 1 or 2 in the whole country for fastest growing areas, it long ago out grew the roads in the area.
            While the area is rapidly growing, the traffic on 306 is far from terrible...not even close to I35. I drive 306 multiple times a day and its fine

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
              I live an hour south of SA. You can find land 10-15 acres for around 8000-9000 an acre and some pretty nice areas. I am in Real Estate here, if you ever need some help give me a shout.
              I live in boerne and it is easier to get to kerrviile then San Antonio
              I have many friends that have moved to la verina area and Pleasanton
              My family ranch was in hondo so I always like that area

Comment

I live in the Bulverde area and work in Seguin. Traffic is not bad. However from Bulverde to Downtown is a mess right now due to construction. The worst portion of the construction is scheduled to be complete in 2020 and the final portion is 2022.

We love the area with great accessibility to SA, Austin, Canyon Lake, Guadalupe River, etc.

You didn't mention of schools were important but we very impressed with the Smithson Valley school district.

The Bulverde/Spring Branch area is growing but it still feels like a small community.

Comment

Thanks for all the information. Schools are not important as we are empty nesters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd look in the LaVernia area. Lots of open land out there and not nearly as many people.

Comment

We live in Hidden Creek (Callaghan/Vance Jackson area) and are close to everything. Don’t have to deal with the PITA traffic of outbound 10, 281 and 35.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                        Whether or not you are an hour from downtown is traffic and location subjective.

Sometimes when I go to the gym it takes an hour to get from Helotes to Camp Bullis, and thats only 15 miles and at the same timeframe I can go south to Lackland and its 21 min for 20 miles.

The whole Godforsaken place sucks!
                        This.

Theres got to be 10 million people between Georgetown and south San Antonio these days all trying to move around on cow trail roads that are constantly under construction.

OP, Congratulations on your new job

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                          I'd look in the LaVernia area. Lots of open land out there and not nearly as many people.
                          I agree, also look at Adkins (1604 &181) and floresville.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            I was referring to only SA. I live in the Houston area and SA ain’t got **** on Houston traffic. I don’t get on 35 for ANY reason due to the traffic. I was just using I10/1604/410 for reference. Not saying the worst ever.

Sierracharlie out…
                            I understood what you were saying. I was just stating a general answer based on the OPs post. And yes. I try to avoid 35 myself but I unfortunately have to travel it quite often. Went to dallas two weeks ago and it’s sucked all the way there. Have 3 more trips to make in the next few months still and not looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X