San Antonio Area Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. The traffic is Somewhat bad and I get into town form fair oaks in 20-25 minutes every day. You should try driving down 35 from New Braunfels. 10 times worse coming from that way. I live in Boerne now and work in Jourdanton so I get the full affect of San Antonio traffic on my commute. It isn’t bad at all IMO. Austin, Houston and falls all have much worse traffic.

Traffic coming north on 35 from Devine area is pretty bad some days. Devine is nice but it’s small town. Nothing wrong with it all if that’s what you’re looking for.

OP, I would look at Boerne/Fair Oaks Ranch or Stone Oak/Bulverde area. Prices are higher but much nicer compared to every where else I think. Traffic on 281 is worse coming into downtown from than I-10.

I was referring to only SA. I live in the Houston area and SA ain’t got **** on Houston traffic. I don’t get on 35 for ANY reason due to the traffic. I was just using I10/1604/410 for reference. Not saying the worst ever.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Bulverde

Comment

I make the commute from Boerne to the medical center in SA every day. Takes me about 45 minutes on average. Traffic is not great. Hopefully it will improve when I10 is finished. I have an office in Castroville as well. Drive time is an hour but very little traffic. Boerne is not even close to the small town it used to be. Traffic in Boerne is worse than I10. My dad lives in Lytle and he can make it into downtown in 20 minutes. You just need to look around and find a place that fits you. Good luck.

Comment

I live in pipecreek , 45 minutes from downtown

Comment

If you're gonna be working a "normal" daytime schedule, you'll want to stay away from the 35 N corridor, 281 N corridor, and the IH10 W corridor, unless you enjoy spending time in traffic.
            More reasonably priced places and an easier commute will be found in the southern direction HWY 87 E around to HWY 90 west, and preferably outside Bexar county's high taxes.

Comment

I live out towards Bulverde and work downtown. Commute traffic is bad. I leave really early to avoid it. But afternoon traffic is a another animal. Castroville is a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                Who will you be working for?

Staying with the property management company that I have been with for 17 years. I would rather not say the name of the company at this time.

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    New Braunfels for me in your shoes
                    New Braunfels and the surrounding areas, are way over populated, growing way too fast. Can't get around in that town for crap. The traffic used to suck 15 years ago, but now, I avoid New Braunfels at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                      I was offered a job in downtown San Antonio. This will require us to relocate to the San Antonio area. My wife and I would like to live within 1 hour (60 miles) of downtown. What are some good areas to live in? We are not opposed to live in our travel trailer while our home is being built. We do not want or need a home owner’s association. All help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Whether or not you are an hour from downtown is traffic and location subjective.

Sometimes when I go to the gym it takes an hour to get from Helotes to Camp Bullis, and thats only 15 miles and at the same timeframe I can go south to Lackland and its 21 min for 20 miles.

The whole Godforsaken place sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
                        I live in pipecreek , 45 minutes from downtown
                        What route and what time?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                          Do you want to commute everyday? Plenty of decent neighborhoods inside 410 that are close to everything.
                          I would say that most folk in this forum prefer the outside edge of the concentric circle theory.

If you live outside of where the city bus runs, you are gonna be locked up in traffic trying to penetrate the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            I respectfully disagree. The traffic is Somewhat bad and I get into town form fair oaks in 20-25 minutes every day. You should try driving down 35 from New Braunfels. 10 times worse coming from that way. I live in Boerne now and work in Jourdanton so I get the full affect of San Antonio traffic on my commute. It isn’t bad at all IMO. Austin, Houston and falls all have much worse traffic.
                            Traffic coming north on 35 from Devine area is pretty bad some days. Devine is nice but it’s small town. Nothing wrong with it all if that’s what you’re looking for.

OP, I would look at Boerne/Fair Oaks Ranch or Stone Oak/Bulverde area. Prices are higher but much nicer compared to every where else I think. Traffic on 281 is worse coming into downtown from than I-10.
                            If you think traffic is bad on 35, you should try to drive from Canyon Lake to New Braunfels on either 46 or 306. I used to live off of 306 back in the early and mid 90s, was not too bad, but by the late 90s, it was a whole different story and just keeps getting worse. The whole area is like number 1 or 2 in the whole country for fastest growing areas, it long ago out grew the roads in the area.

Comment

You are right sir

Comment

Timberwood Park

Comment

Working...
                                X