Skoal Tabacco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skoal Tabacco

This might be a reason to quit dipping. Stopped at a convenience store for a van of long you mint xtra and they wanted $7.36 tax include. I told clerk to put it back on the shelf. I remember when a van was .35 and I struggled to collect coke bottles to buy a van. A whole roll cost me $37 and change just yesterday.

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
    This might be a reason to quit dipping. Stopped at a convenience store for a van of long you mint xtra and they wanted $7.36 tax include. I told clerk to put it back on the shelf. I remember when a van was .35 and I struggled to collect coke bottles to buy a van. A whole roll cost me $37 and change just yesterday.

And I know a guy that goes through A ROLL each day.....

No joke....

I have pleaded with him to stop or at least cut it in half for now...he cant stop. He literally changes his dip out every 20-30 mins

Comment

Yeah the price sucks but who cares about the price quit for your health if you have a family quit for them!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
        And I know a guy that goes through A ROLL each day.....

No joke....

I have pleaded with him to stop or at least cut it in half for now...he cant stop. He literally changes his dip out every 20-30 mins
        It was my understanding there would be no math. There seems to be five cans in a roll. Man, that dude does need to slow his roll. That is crazy. I don't know if nicotine levels are 5x higher with 5 cans than with one can without swapping out as frequently but certainly levels are higher. Must be some good stuff if he is dropping $30 a day on it.

Comment

$4.41 in where I buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            It was my understanding there would be no math. There seems to be five cans in a roll. Man, that dude does need to slow his roll. That is crazy. I don't know if nicotine levels are 5x higher with 5 cans than with one can without swapping out as frequently but certainly levels are higher. Must be some good stuff if he is dropping $30 a day on it.
            He told me it costs him over $10,000 a year on it....

crazy

Comment

Seems like a pretty good deal on a van. Especially if it’s running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

crazy
                Wow, that's crazy.

Comment

When it was .35 how much was you making then? What was the percentage of your income was that can then and what percentage is it now? Don't get me wrong you still need to quite as I also need to quite again.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    $4.41 in where I buy it.
                    Must be less taxes in OK. I went fishing with a friend in AL and FL. I think it was AL where we went in to a gas station and Copenhagen was $2-$3. I don't know what it costs in Texas, but my friend loaded up like it was Christmas!

Comment

crazy
                      I might have to start! It must be good!

Comment

crazy
                        That's a lot of money to slowly kill yourself. I'm glad I quit dipping 8 years ago.

Comment

I did the math 8 months ago and haven't bought a can since ha.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            Must be less taxes in OK. I went fishing with a friend in AL and FL. I think it was AL where we went in to a gas station and Copenhagen was $2-$3. I don't know what it costs in Texas, but my friend loaded up like it was Christmas!
                            It's cheaper in Kansas but it's not much more expensive in Oklahoma. Copenhagen is expensive in Texas. But then again they all seem that way to me. I stock up before I go down there huntin. It's pretty expensive.

Comment

That's part of why I quit. Haven't had a can of Copenhagen (or any dip) since Memorial Day this year and I was dipping more than 1 can a day. Easily over $2k a year. Gross.

Comment

Working...
                              X