Fawn killer caught in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fawn killer caught in action

Posting the pics in sequence. Makes me wish I had that particular camera set on burst now.

New feeder setup. Bobcat didn’t waste anytime finding an easy meal. Within a couple of hours the deer were right back there, the next day it was like it never happened. That’s nature for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool pics.

Comment

Looks like you got some help hunting your feeder! Cool pics, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Never seen that before - thanks for posting!

Comment

Going to guess that fawn was sick or orphaned?

Where was the doe?

Neat sequence of pics no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Going to guess that fawn was sick or orphaned?

Where was the doe?

Neat sequence of pics no doubt
            I sort of thought the same thing. Most fawns right now are sticking close to the mom and for one to be wandering at night was odd. I’m going with orphaned or neglected also.

Comment

Awesome to catch that on camera

Comment

Very cool. That cat didn't waste any time

Comment

Mother Nature is a cruel mistress.

Comment

Nubbin bucks will leave their momma and wonder off a good 100-200 yds from their mother. No sign of doe so very well could have already been shot by a hunter. Cool pics. I watched a bobcat attempt to do this a couple years ago in person but he met the end of my 30-06 and the deer stood there looking at the cat laying dead.

Comment

[QUOTE=Antlers86;15164414 I watched a bobcat attempt to do this a couple years ago in person but he met the end of my 30-06 and the deer stood there looking at the cat laying dead.[/QUOTE]

It’s amazing to me how deer sometimes react to a predator. I watched a bobcat approach two does and a fawn a couple years ago in one of my food plots. The young doe had a fawn, the older one didn’t. The younger doe made a run at the bobcat and he/she hit the brush. The older doe immediately went in after him, ran him back out of the woods and was hot on his heels until he cleared the food plot. Wish I had that on video !

Another time I killed a coyote at the same spot one morning about 15 minutes after daylight. I continued sitting and 30/40 minutes later a doe with twins came through. The little buck walked right up to the bloody dead coyote, sniffed him and walked away. The doe fawn never looked at him, and the doe just walked right past him, glanced at him and began feeding. They all fed across that wheat plot and never looked back. If I had been asked beforehand what their reactions would be I would have guessed that they would blow out as soon as they saw or smelled coyote.

Comment

Longest tail I have seen on a bobcat.

Comment

Dang he wasted no time.

Comment

Cool pics

Comment

Seems like a decent sized cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X