Reveal Tacticam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
    How long have you had it? Do you have any photos that have animals that are farther away at night?
    no its set up at its first location

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
      no its set up at its first location
      Roger that. Im going to PM you if you dont mind? I have a few more questions.

Comment

Had to cancel my first order. AT&T versions came out later than Verizon and I wasn't willing to wait until mid August.

I re-ordered from Scheel's and they should be here next week. The reviews online so far have been strong.

Comment

They are on Amazon now also . Looks like everyone got them earlier than expected.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a few questions about cell cams. I want to put one in a spot that has limited service. Verizon works better down there but is still minimal to none on a cell phone. Is it worth me getting any of the cell cams or would it be a waste of time and money trying to get one of these to work?

Comment

Spartan is $199 a year. But that gives you a lot of data.

Things ramp up once you add multiple cameras. Spartan to my knowledge doesn’t offer any discounts per camera. Cuddeback Link and Snyper are the only cameras I know that let cameras share a data plan.

However a $99 camera is easier to stomach than a $600 Reconyx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LouisianaExpat View Post
                Things ramp up once you add multiple cameras. Spartan to my knowledge doesn’t offer any discounts per camera. Cuddeback Link and Snyper are the only cameras I know that let cameras share a data plan.

However a $99 camera is easier to stomach than a $600 Reconyx

Tactacam has also been advertising that you can turn the data plan off when not using the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                  I have a few questions about cell cams. I want to put one in a spot that has limited service. Verizon works better down there but is still minimal to none on a cell phone. Is it worth me getting any of the cell cams or would it be a waste of time and money trying to get one of these to work?

I get 2 bars on my phone and all 4 bars on my cam. Your cam will get way better reception than your phone. Only way to know for sure is put one out there.

Comment

I get 2 bars on my phone and all 4 bars on my cam. Your cam will get way better reception than your phone. Only way to know for sure is put one out there.

I guess we will find out. I just ordered one and all the stuff the build an external battery pack with a solar panel.

Comment

Just ordered the ATT version on amazon. Will give it a shot. Have been running the cuddelink for a year now and really like them. Up to 24 cameras on an unlimited plan for $180 a year. Only down side is no live view.

Comment

Reveal Tacticam

I’ve had one for a few days. It’s a Snyper camera rebranded for Tactacam. I think the pics are pretty good day and night. Flash is more old school “brake light” IR. It is very visible if your looking at the camera when it fires. More so than any other cell cam Ive used. Sensing is weak. I was walk testing it last night and it really starts to have trouble triggering outside 30-35 feet. App is easy to use. Pics are slow to get to the app. It’s weird, when you do a manual test picture in setup mode it will hit the app in 20-25 seconds. When in on mode it’ll take anywhere from 5-15 minutes to deliver a picture. Honestly that makes no sense to me. Pictures it sends are low res, but ok. You cannot request the “HD” version. In burst mode 2 to 5 pictures it sends the second picture only. Data plan is $5/month for 250 pics, $8/month for 500 pics, $13/month for unlimited. Additional camera added on unlimited plans is $12/camera so no real benefit like adding cameras with Covert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Roger that. Im going to PM you if you dont mind? I have a few more questions.

Not a problem

Comment

Anyone got theirs yet? I have a ATT model coming and it should be here on Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                              Anyone got theirs yet? I have a ATT model coming and it should be here on Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Got mine today . Set it up and just put it on the front porch. I really like it so far. Pics come in really quick and look great.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm looking for one online now. Seems they are out of stock everywhere. I found some on Bowhunting Outlet.com that can be pre-ordered and are due to be available on 7/24 for $108.

Comment

Working...
                                X