No announcement yet.

23 yrs ago today ... a small testimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a good friend of mine says we all have our piles of poo thanks for sharing yours.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      Always enjoy reading your testimony Blake.

Thanx PSEbowhunter for bumping it up

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
        Good Luck Brother, you can do it
        Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          You got this. It's one day at a time.

Best thing I ever did was stop drinking.

Feel free to PM me if you want/need to chat.
          Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by psebowhunter View Post
            Thank you for sharing your story sir, it truly inspired me. I am also seriously considering sobriety, I’ve told my wife that I want to quit before and that I was quitting, only to start drinking again. Once again thank you for your story, wish me luck.
            I support you and anyone else considering sobriety 110%

Call me anytime as I’ll help you anyway I can...three37:303.four43seven

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              I support you and anyone else considering sobriety 110%

Call me anytime as I’ll help you anyway I can...three37:303.four43seven
              Thank you sir, I’ll definitely keep you in mind. 👍🏻

Comment

Thank you for sharing Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  You got this. It's one day at a time.

Best thing I ever did was stop drinking.

Feel free to PM me if you want/need to chat.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story sir, it truly inspired me. I am also seriously considering sobriety, I’ve told my wife that I want to quit before and that I was quitting, only to start drinking again. Once again thank you for your story, wish me luck.
                    July 31 will mark my 25 years of sobriety. I was scared to death.....thought I'd never have fun again. I have more fun now than I ever did drinking. What a better life. Satan is a liar!
                    Stay focused. Go to meetings. Get a higher power. You can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      July 31 will mark my 25 years of sobriety. I was scared to death.....thought I'd never have fun again. I have more fun now than I ever did drinking. What a better life. Satan is a liar!
                      Stay focused. Go to meetings. Get a higher power. You can do it.

Thank you for your input sir. Funny thing is just before I read this post a few minutes ago I was thinking the same thing....”how am I gonna have fun again at bbq’s and other functions”??? I always have cold ones when I’m grilling or smoking briskets and ribs. I told myself “you can do without the beer and still have fun”. Thank you again.

Comment

Thank you for your input sir. Funny thing is just before I read this post a few minutes ago I was thinking the same thing....”how am I gonna have fun again at bbq’s and other functions”??? I always have cold ones when I’m grilling or smoking briskets and ribs. I told myself “you can do without the beer and still have fun”. Thank you again.

It truly was my biggest fear. Crazy. Mexican food without a beer? Baseball game? Camping? No way!......It's a lie. I still have great fun doing all these things. More fun actually because I'm free of that grip and guilt.
                        I was drinking probably case and half a week when I quit. It was part of my life. Hell I planned my life around it. If there wasn't gonna be booze I wasn't interested. I'm an alcoholic. Nearly lost my family and my job Fortunately I've been recovering for 25 years. The desire is faintly still there but I don't dare entertain it.
                        Feel free to pm if you ever want to talk.

Comment

bump for 11,323 days (31 years) of sobriety … 1 day at a time

all the Thanks to the man upstairs, my family, and friends who have been there and support my decision to stay clean and sober just for today.

I'm always here for those who want to talk or have questions about a family member needing help with any addiction, not just drugs and alcohol.

Comment

Bless you Blake for sharing your story again.

Comment

Good to both re-read your words and see Jaspro.

Comment

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                                X