Ski resort help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
    I’d go up to Steamboat. They have great schools and it’s a really nice town. The snow in February is normally great and they’re getting a start to the season.
    Steamboat is probably my favorite place to ski in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      I have skied red river countless times. It gets crowded too, and it’s small.

Don’t plan anything around ski Apache. They don’t always get good snow.

Save your money and ski Colorado.
      I remember snow issues way back around 1990. Their snow making and grooming has improved alot. No issue in the last 20 years.

I've never been in a lift line at Red River. It's basically the best town to stay in. Short drive to some of the best extreme terrain in the country.

The fact that you're driving means there really isn't any advance planning needed. No snow at Apache? Go where there is snow. Taos, Santa Fe, Red River or Angel Fire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 11-24-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        I remember snow issues way back around 1990. Their snow making and grooming has improved alot. No issue in the last 20 years.

I've never been in a lift line at Red River. It's basically the best town to stay in. Short drive to some of the best extreme terrain in the country.

Kids were all still in school when we went. Usually Christmas or spring break. It can get packed.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
          Stay the farthest you can away from Breckenridge! Colorado itself is circling the toilet compared to 8-10 years ago! Bunch of covid rules with loding and ski resorts still very well in play up there
          just got back from keystone and breckinridge no covid protocals at either place didnt do anything different than i do here at home never put on a mask one time and was never asked about a vaccine card spent five days their

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Steamboat is probably my favorite place to ski in Colorado.
            I really like Steamboat.....nice wide blue runs....ski in ski out.....

fun times

Comment

Wolf creek for first timers is a great place

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                Sipapu is the best ever little ski lodge and experience for the first time kids in my opinion. Been to Colorado, Utah, NM, and is very cheap compared to other places....we are skiing there after Christmas.
                This is the correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
                  Again thanks for all the locations guys. What about timeline? When would y’all make the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  After New Year but not during Prez Day weekend. MtCB always seems to get some fresh powder during the Winter Holiday season. Typically at least one or two days of fresh powder during our typical 7 day ski venture.

Good to hear the Vail resorts along I70 arent Covid stupid. All last years trip to MtCB the workers were all incessant…”pull up your mask” while standing in line. Workers were polite about it but incessant.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                    This is the correct answer.
                    Probably my least favorite place to ride. Very narrow runs. That would be fine if they were steep but they're not.

Comment

Please, whatever you do, dont go to Ski Apache for your first time. They have run that place into the ground. Workers are rude, snow has sucked for a long time, and even with snow making there are only like 4-5 runs. Plus its as expensive as Colorado.

We have a house there, and I grew up skiing there. Even with a free place to stay, we will always choose somewhere else to go for skiing. Ski Apache sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Probably my least favorite place to ride. Very narrow runs. That would be fine if they were steep but they're not.

I thought the same thing. Hit it once for half a day and wondered why anyone wouldn't drive 30 more miles down the road.

Comment

Breckenridge and the resorts around it are easy to get to and lots of fun. That is our "easy button" for a ski trip. Crested Butte and Vail are our two favorites, but Taos and Steamboat aren't far off. You'll have a great trip if you go to any of the reputable spots. Good luck!

Comment

Winter Park is a great place that I would recommend. Very family friendly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Our family loves Monarch, not crowded, great snow and good instructors. VRBO in Salida and you're good to go.

Comment

Vail has a very good beginners area for kids learning how to ski. My kids were 5 and 8 when we went, they learned to ski on that trip, the mountain is big enough to have good slopes for adults as well.

My only knock on Park City was there was not a good kids area. The mountain and trails are for the good/advanced skiers. I loved it, but it was not good for young kiddos

Comment

Working...
                                X