Loveland
    A Basin
    Ski Santa Fe
    Ski Apache
    Taos
    Angel Fire
    Sandia Peak

Comment

Again thanks for all the locations guys. What about timeline? When would y’all make the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
        Again thanks for all the locations guys. What about timeline? When would y’all make the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Depends on where you are going.

Avoid Presidents Day.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ski Apache.....

Ruidoso, NM

Comment

Another vote for Winter Park. Headed back in February for our third year in a row. Been to a bunch of other places including Keystone, Breckenridge, Heavenly, Crested Butte, and others, but we love the small town vibe and slopes of WP.

Comment

Stay the farthest you can away from Breckenridge! Colorado itself is circling the toilet compared to 8-10 years ago! Bunch of covid rules with loding and ski resorts still very well in play up there

Comment

Recommend Angel Fire, the perfect size for a family with kids. Nothing too challenging but there is a slope for night skiing and a tubing hill. You can stay next to the slopes pretty reasonably.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Red River is your friend. Trust me. Do not go to the big crowded Colorado resorts. Angel Fire is also good for families. 30 minute drive from Red River. Ski Apache near Ruidoso will work too. Drive to New Mexico for your first trip. If it's a success fly to the big resorts next year. Or not. The crowds and lift lines suck.

I have skied red river countless times. It gets crowded too, and it’s small.
                  Don’t plan anything around ski Apache. They don’t always get good snow.
                  Save your money and ski Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                    Stay the farthest you can away from Breckenridge! Colorado itself is circling the toilet compared to 8-10 years ago! Bunch of covid rules with loding and ski resorts still very well in play up there

Last year wasn't too bad but looks like all Vail Resorts have implemented full on communist covid mandates for the season. Vax cards are required for most dinning on the mountain or ski schools for those 12 or older. Masks required at all times. This was what was told to my wife when trying to book our yearly Vail trip this week. We also like Toas but not sure they or any other NM resort will be much better. The employees at Toas were laid back last year but most skiers and locals were flat out freaks.

Concerning a first trip with kids, I personally believe in good lessons. Some say they didn't need them or had a half day and skied everything. Thats fine but also see major benefit if with a good instructor. Vail resorts have in my opinion the best kids schools hands down. Toas is probably one of the worst. Angel Fire has a great mountain for beginners and kids also though. My 11yr old started at 6 and enjoyed the kids classes more than skiing with mom or dad. Vail's Blue Sky bowls or Kachina Peak in Toas are all he wants to ski now so I'd say lessons worked for him. Wolf Creek or Purgatory aren't bad options either for good snow but agree that Breck is way too crowded towards the weekends with Denver locals.
                    Last edited by Notaguide; 11-23-2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

A little expensive but park city in Utah. Less than an hours drive from Salt Lake City airport. Took my family of 5 there, kids were 13, 11, and 9. Skiing and tubing were awesome.

Also, The Canyons is now connected to Park City.

Recommend going in late February through early April. Before then can get very cold & miserable

Comment

Sipapu is the best ever little ski lodge and experience for the first time kids in my opinion. Been to Colorado, Utah, NM, and is very cheap compared to other places....we are skiing there after Christmas.

Comment

Red River is a fun smaller setting, been multiple times and have always enjoyed it.
                          Grew up skiing Wolf Creek in Pagosa and love going up there

Comment

Lessons are definitely a must
                            Well worth the fun that will come after a good understanding.

Gambling on not taking lessons may make for more frustration than fun
                            Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Red River is your friend. Trust me. Do not go to the big crowded Colorado resorts. Angel Fire is also good for families. 30 minute drive from Red River. Ski Apache near Ruidoso will work too. Drive to New Mexico for your first trip. If it's a success fly to the big resorts next year. Or not. The crowds and lift lines suck.

Red River all the way, great place for family adn for beginners. Conservative town as well, no crazy COIVD rules, if they have them they are not really enforced.

Comment

I’d go up to Steamboat. They have great schools and it’s a really nice town. The snow in February is normally great and they’re getting a start to the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X