No announcement yet.

What Caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 mag IMO the best 30 caliber ever made.

Comment

I would go 30-06 or 308. Plenty of factory ammo available for both, large bullet selection available if you reload. Brass is cheap and easy to get, lasts a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Easy.. 308.
        Go look on the shelf of your local academy and that will help decide

Comment

6.5 Creedmoor!!! There that's done.
          Can't believe it took so long.

But seriously it hard to be the faithful old 30-06...

Comment

300 wm
            30 prc
            30 nosler

I shot 300win forever and loved it! Switched to .308win and it seems Anemic with factory loads IMO

.375 H&H if you travel, recoil is milder than a .338wm and is pure death on any size game
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-23-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I love the .270 Win, but my vote is for .308 Win.

Comment

300 Win Mag is a thumper! I love mine and I got my boy one last year for Christmas. He likes flipping hogs with his!

The old trusty 30-06 is a good choice too. You can get factory ammo in a wide range of weights and styles. Well, back when you could get ammo!

Comment

6.5-300 wby mag

Comment

I like em short and stout so I would have to say 300 WSM. I load 168 Bergers and 180 Swift Scirocco and its kills pretty dead.

Or the good ole reliable 30.06

Comment

300wm
                      30-06

Comment

Man you guys are awesome a lot of good feed back. I should add I reload so I am not concerned with being able to find ammo at wall mart. A lot of votes for the 300 win mag, why the win mag over the RUM or the PRC or even the Weatherby? At this time the 308 nd 30.06 are not peaking my interest. Now I do like the odd ball stuff so the 30 nosler is tempting. With already owning a 7mm i dont see the point in the 280 AI or the 28 Nosler.

Comment

I am so impressed with my 350 Legend build. 20% less recoil of a 243 and the knock down of a 30/30. Doesn't have long range however I can find ammo just about anywhere.

Comment

Patiently waiting for the 2022 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread...

Comment

A lot of great calibers mentioned but (even though what you have already hits all around it) why not go with the best and build you a custom 264 win mag

Comment

I have 2 main rifles for hunting. A lightweight 7mm08 from APR and a Seekins Havak in 300 Win Mag. Pretty much covers all bases for North America.

My vote for you would be 300 Win

Comment

Working...
                                X