Done for the year. not in a good way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done for the year. not in a good way.

Yesterday I tore my right bicep tendon, today the doc said it was most likely a complete tear. CRAP

I havent hunted this year since my left elbow has tennis elbow. It was getting better, doesnt matter now.

Any advice from any of you guys that has had this?

Prayers up and Good Luck on getting fixed up.

Comment

Crossbow

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot a rifle left handed?

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I was 41 when I tore mine. I had too many things going at the time and did not get it surgically repaired. Been 13 years and as long as I do not lift anything too heavy with that arm, I'm good. I can lift a 50 pound feed sack with no problem and that's enough. Good luck with your decision, surgery/rehab if you go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Crossbow

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
            X2

Comment

I tore mine in 2013. Never got it fixed as well, waited too
              long. Mine only hurts when I'm bass fishing with plastics it kills me when I set the hook.

Comment

Tore mine completely last year on the Monday after Thanksgiving. Had surgery for the repair that Friday, then was rifle hunting and killed 2 does the next weekend. It was more practice than anything as I had a trophy I was hunting and wanted to be sure I could shoot well using a monopod under the butt stock of my rifle while shooting right handed and controlling everything with my left arm getting lined up. I was successful on the does and later on my buck, making a 325 yard shot on the buck the first week in January. Where there's a will, there's a way. My DOC flipped his lid when I showed him pics and said said he would've never approved what I was doing, but I didn't break any of his rules he laid down and he was a little impressed. He was from California, so not a hunter or outdoorsman really.

Surgery wasn't bad - I had a nerve block on the arm and wouldn't do that again. I think that was more irritating than the pain from the surgery. 6 weeks of not using the arm, another 6 weeks of light duty and rehab, then clear to use as normal. It's been almost a year and no pain and nothing I can't do now that I could do before. Worst part was learning to wipe the back end left handed - if you've never done it, give it a try . The weekend after surgery was just laying around the house taking it easy. I was back at work Monday and it was all downhill after that.

Get it fixed - you'll be happy you did in the long run. You can live with the repair and recovery and still get some hunting in before the end of season.

Comment

Well- The good news is your tennis elbow will be healed by the time your bicep is fixed.

And if its a complete tear bite the bullet and get it fixed ASAP. That is one of the few injuries guys need fixed IMO.

Biceps and Achilles tear have always been two of my biggest fears.

Good luck. And it is almost rifle season, don't quit!

Comment

Good luck get better

Comment

Have the surgery and get it fixed. Pick up the smoke pole for the rest of the yr

Comment

Had to have surgery on mine for what you described.

Comment

If your a fireman won’t you have to have it repaired to work? Get the surgery and be done with brother.

Comment

Did not tear mine, but with a bone spur on the top edge of my rotator cuff, when I raised my elbow above my shoulder, the bone spur cut a lot of stuff. Had surgery Nov 3rd, 4 anchors and 4 months in a sling did my season in last year. They could not repair my biceps due to way too much scar tissue build up. I now have what they call a "Popeye biceps" on my left arm.

Get it fixed ASAP would be my suggestion. I waited too long to do mine and the biceps was not able to be repaired nad the bone spur cut a lot more than if I had gone in when the pain started. Waiting a year did not help!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will get it fixed, talk with the surgeon on Nov. 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X